Liverpool fans accused of throwing a brick at a Man City minibus, a photo appears online [Picture]
Liverpool fans are being accused of an unsavoury incident following their epic 3-2 win over Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday.
The Daily Telegraph’s Mark Ogden penned an article under the headline “Manchester City fans ‘shocked and shaken’ after alleged attack by Liverpool supporters”.
According to the broadsheet, a minibus carrying Man City fans to Anfield was attacked by stones and bricks before the match kicked off on Sunday. The Telegraph report:
The 25-seater minibus, carrying the Eccles Branch of the City supporters club, was travelling towards the Kop end of the stadium when a side window was shattered by missiles.
Passengers on the bus, who informed City officials that the missiles were thrown by supporters wearing Liverpool shirts, escaped without serious injury, but were described as shocked and shaken by club officials.
The incident was reported to Merseyside Police.
A picture has since started doing the rounds online claiming to show the evidence of the shattered window on the minibus, and that picture can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp warns Daniel Sturridge that he’s fallen down pecking order at Liverpool [Mirror]August 28, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela pictured eye gouging Liverpool’s Dejan LovrenAugust 28, 2016
- Liverpool keeper Danny Ward was superb as Huddersfield stay top of the Championship (Video)August 28, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge is like Jack Wilshere. They need to perform on the training pitch (Sky Video)August 28, 2016
- Raheem Sterling bemused at being told he’s been ‘reborn’ post-Man City 3 – West Ham 1 (Video)August 28, 2016
- Samir Nasri admits he could leave Man City, but not being forced out by Pep (Video)August 28, 2016
- Pep Guardiola’s supportive text message to Raheem Sterling during his tough Euro 2016August 28, 2016
- Manchester City boss does a Wenger when asked about Sergio Aguero’s elbow (Video)August 28, 2016