Liverpool fans accused of throwing a brick at a Man City minibus, a photo appears online [Picture]
Liverpool fans are being accused of an unsavoury incident following their epic 3-2 win over Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday.
The Daily Telegraph’s Mark Ogden penned an article under the headline “Manchester City fans ‘shocked and shaken’ after alleged attack by Liverpool supporters”.
According to the broadsheet, a minibus carrying Man City fans to Anfield was attacked by stones and bricks before the match kicked off on Sunday. The Telegraph report:
The 25-seater minibus, carrying the Eccles Branch of the City supporters club, was travelling towards the Kop end of the stadium when a side window was shattered by missiles.
Passengers on the bus, who informed City officials that the missiles were thrown by supporters wearing Liverpool shirts, escaped without serious injury, but were described as shocked and shaken by club officials.
The incident was reported to Merseyside Police.
A picture has since started doing the rounds online claiming to show the evidence of the shattered window on the minibus, and that picture can be seen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- Magnificent Phil Coutinho hailed on MOTD after Liverpool win over West BromOctober 23, 2016
- Wayne Rooney has the final word v Michael Owen over supporting LiverpoolOctober 23, 2016
- Twitter mocks John Stones as Manchester City defender makes another big mistake v SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Kompany & Sergio Aguero start: Manchester City v Southampton [Team Sheets]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas to leave Chelsea for Man City [Sun]October 23, 2016