Liverpool fans accused of throwing a brick at a Man City minibus, a photo appears online [Picture]
Liverpool fans are being accused of an unsavoury incident following their epic 3-2 win over Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday.
The Daily Telegraph’s Mark Ogden penned an article under the headline “Manchester City fans ‘shocked and shaken’ after alleged attack by Liverpool supporters”.
According to the broadsheet, a minibus carrying Man City fans to Anfield was attacked by stones and bricks before the match kicked off on Sunday. The Telegraph report:
The 25-seater minibus, carrying the Eccles Branch of the City supporters club, was travelling towards the Kop end of the stadium when a side window was shattered by missiles.
Passengers on the bus, who informed City officials that the missiles were thrown by supporters wearing Liverpool shirts, escaped without serious injury, but were described as shocked and shaken by club officials.
The incident was reported to Merseyside Police.
A picture has since started doing the rounds online claiming to show the evidence of the shattered window on the minibus, and that picture can be seen below.
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- Yaya Toure feels Man City lacked a cutting edge after 1-0 defeat to Juventus (video)
- Yaya Toure & Pablo Dybala criticised for swapping shirts at half-time (Video)
- Paul Pogba pulled off a great skill pass during Juventus v Man City (Official video)
- Juventus U19 2 – Man City U19 1: Sky Blues punished for slack defending (Videos)