- Aston Villa 2 – Bournemouth 1: Carles Gil scores a wondergoal at Villa Park
- Brighton 2 – Arsenal 3: Tomas Rosicky steals the show in FA Cup win [Official Highlights]
- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
Liverpool eyeing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to replace Suarez, Arsenal also want Dutch striker [VI]
With the news that Barcelona and Liverpool are now negotiating over Luis Suarez, it seems certain that Brendan Rodgers will be looking for a new striker.
Dutch website Voetbal International report on Tuesday evening that Liverpool are eyeing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, just a couple of days after his superb substitute performance for Holland against Mexico at the World Cup.
Arsenal have tracked Huntelaar for some time and the Dutch portal suggest there could be a battle for the Schalke striker.
Liverpool were previously interested in Huntelaar as a replacement for Andy Carroll in 2012 but the former Ajax striker preferred to stay in the Bundesliga.
Now Huntelaar’s situation is different, having just one year on his Schalke contract and potentially plenty of clubs interested after his exploits at the World Cup.
Huntelaar is ambitious and will wait to see how Schalke go in this summer’s transfer window, but Voetbal International suggest he would like to join a club with a chance of silverware.
Schalke general manager Horst Heldt is quoted in the article saying: “our best players will remain here.”
But, Huntelaar knows third in the Bundesliga is the best Schalke can do and if Liverpool or Arsenal were to come calling, it would be a surprise where he to stay.
- Updated: July 1, 2014