Liverpool eyeing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar to replace Suarez, Arsenal also want Dutch striker [VI]
- July 1, 2014
With the news that Barcelona and Liverpool are now negotiating over Luis Suarez, it seems certain that Brendan Rodgers will be looking for a new striker.
Dutch website Voetbal International report on Tuesday evening that Liverpool are eyeing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, just a couple of days after his superb substitute performance for Holland against Mexico at the World Cup.
Arsenal have tracked Huntelaar for some time and the Dutch portal suggest there could be a battle for the Schalke striker.
Liverpool were previously interested in Huntelaar as a replacement for Andy Carroll in 2012 but the former Ajax striker preferred to stay in the Bundesliga.
Now Huntelaar’s situation is different, having just one year on his Schalke contract and potentially plenty of clubs interested after his exploits at the World Cup.
Huntelaar is ambitious and will wait to see how Schalke go in this summer’s transfer window, but Voetbal International suggest he would like to join a club with a chance of silverware.
Schalke general manager Horst Heldt is quoted in the article saying: “our best players will remain here.”
But, Huntelaar knows third in the Bundesliga is the best Schalke can do and if Liverpool or Arsenal were to come calling, it would be a surprise where he to stay.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...