Liverpool contact Monaco about Falcao but are told a move to Real Madrid is imminent [Guardian]
- August 7, 2014
Liverpool’s ambitious attempt to sign AS Monaco forward Falcao has been shot down after they were informed that a move to Real Madrid was imminent, according to a story by The Guardian.
Falcao has been linked with Real Madrid since last summer; some even speculate that he went to Monaco in the knowledge he would only have to spend a year there before playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and co. as Atletico wouldn’t sell directly to their bitter rivals.
The forward has only just recovered from a long-term injury that ruled him out of the second half of last season as well as the World Cup. But he picked up where he left off, scoring the winning goal in a recent friendly against Arsenal.
Now it appears as though his return to Madrid is only a matter of time.
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Emre Can produced sublime skill & a wonderful dribble during Liverpool’s win...
- Joao Carlos Teixeira’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Swindon (...
- Watch Christian Benteke’s goalscoring debut for Liverpool v Swindon (Video)
- Watch Roberto Firmino’s highlights on his Liverpool debut v Swindon (Video)
- Liverpool offer €17m for Real Madrid attacker Denis Cheryshev [AS]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi