Liverpool contact Monaco about Falcao but are told a move to Real Madrid is imminent [Guardian]
- August 7, 2014
Liverpool’s ambitious attempt to sign AS Monaco forward Falcao has been shot down after they were informed that a move to Real Madrid was imminent, according to a story by The Guardian.
Falcao has been linked with Real Madrid since last summer; some even speculate that he went to Monaco in the knowledge he would only have to spend a year there before playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and co. as Atletico wouldn’t sell directly to their bitter rivals.
The forward has only just recovered from a long-term injury that ruled him out of the second half of last season as well as the World Cup. But he picked up where he left off, scoring the winning goal in a recent friendly against Arsenal.
Now it appears as though his return to Madrid is only a matter of time.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...