Liverpool contact Monaco about Falcao but are told a move to Real Madrid is imminent [Guardian]
- August 7, 2014
Liverpool’s ambitious attempt to sign AS Monaco forward Falcao has been shot down after they were informed that a move to Real Madrid was imminent, according to a story by The Guardian.
Falcao has been linked with Real Madrid since last summer; some even speculate that he went to Monaco in the knowledge he would only have to spend a year there before playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and co. as Atletico wouldn’t sell directly to their bitter rivals.
The forward has only just recovered from a long-term injury that ruled him out of the second half of last season as well as the World Cup. But he picked up where he left off, scoring the winning goal in a recent friendly against Arsenal.
Now it appears as though his return to Madrid is only a matter of time.
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool announce signing of Taiwo Awoniyi, immediately send him on loan to Frankfurt
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic presented at Fenerbahce after completing loan move
- Dejan Lovren deletes his Instagram account after abuse from Liverpool fans (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...