- Watch Swindon Town’s Australian midfielder Massimo Luongo amazing skills [Video]
- Chelsea reach agreement with £7m rated striker Andrej Kramarić [Di Marzio]
- Top 5 Spurs U-21 goalkeeper saves of 2014 [Video]
- Queretaro offered Ronaldinho a ridiculous £7.5m house to return, claim Mexican newspaper [Plans]
- Barcelona superstar Neymar stars in awkward Japanese advert [Video]
Liverpool contact Monaco about Falcao but are told a move to Real Madrid is imminent [Guardian]
Liverpool’s ambitious attempt to sign AS Monaco forward Falcao has been shot down after they were informed that a move to Real Madrid was imminent, according to a story by The Guardian.
Falcao has been linked with Real Madrid since last summer; some even speculate that he went to Monaco in the knowledge he would only have to spend a year there before playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and co. as Atletico wouldn’t sell directly to their bitter rivals.
The forward has only just recovered from a long-term injury that ruled him out of the second half of last season as well as the World Cup. But he picked up where he left off, scoring the winning goal in a recent friendly against Arsenal.
Now it appears as though his return to Madrid is only a matter of time.
- Updated: August 7, 2014