Liverpool concede defeat to Tottenham in the race for Willian [Liverpool Echo]
- August 21, 2013
Liverpool fans may still be habouring hope of Willian joining their club, but Merseyside’s leading local paper the Liverpool Echo have conceded that the Brazilian is heading to Tottenham.
The backpage of Wednesday’s Echo shouts: Cissokho seals Reds loan switch but Willian is set for Spurs move.
Neil Jones goes on to explain how Tottenham beat off interest from Liverpool for the Anzhi attacking midfielder.
The Reds had hoped [Cissokho] would be joined by Brazilian winger Willian, but the Anzhi Makhachkala man now looks set to move to Spurs, having travelled to London to undergo a medical and discuss terms.
The 25-year-old will be the third major attacking transfer target that Liverpool have missed out on this summer leaving Reds boss Brendan Rodgers with less than two weeks to strengthned his squad for the coming season.
As for the latest developments with Willian himself, the Brazilian posted a new picture onto Instagram on Tuesday night alongside Kia Joorabchian and Junior Mendonza, with the strap-line: Dinner with the best agents in the world! @juniormendonza #kia.
If the picture is anything to go by, Willian has sealed his move to Tottenham and he is very content with the financial package he is to receive at White Hart Lane.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...