- 14: Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored as many goals as Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez this season
- Banned driver Marco Reus has women asking to be his chauffeur on Facebook
- Madness! Jesina coach kicks ball onto pitch to stop Amiternina striker from scoring in Serie D [Video]
- Sunderland’s John’ O Shea: ‘I won’t be shaking Jack Colback’s hand before derby v Newcastle’
- His Name Is A Shop! Lenell John Lewis stars in Grimsby’s brilliant Christmas message [Video]
Liverpool concede defeat to Tottenham in the race for Willian [Liverpool Echo]
Liverpool fans may still be habouring hope of Willian joining their club, but Merseyside’s leading local paper the Liverpool Echo have conceded that the Brazilian is heading to Tottenham.
The backpage of Wednesday’s Echo shouts: Cissokho seals Reds loan switch but Willian is set for Spurs move.
Neil Jones goes on to explain how Tottenham beat off interest from Liverpool for the Anzhi attacking midfielder.
The Reds had hoped [Cissokho] would be joined by Brazilian winger Willian, but the Anzhi Makhachkala man now looks set to move to Spurs, having travelled to London to undergo a medical and discuss terms.
The 25-year-old will be the third major attacking transfer target that Liverpool have missed out on this summer leaving Reds boss Brendan Rodgers with less than two weeks to strengthned his squad for the coming season.
As for the latest developments with Willian himself, the Brazilian posted a new picture onto Instagram on Tuesday night alongside Kia Joorabchian and Junior Mendonza, with the strap-line: Dinner with the best agents in the world! @juniormendonza #kia.
If the picture is anything to go by, Willian has sealed his move to Tottenham and he is very content with the financial package he is to receive at White Hart Lane.
- Updated: August 21, 2013