Liverpool close to agreement with Sevilla on Alberto Moreno for €20m [Estadio Deportivo]
With Rickie Lambert set to sign for Liverpool tomorrow, the latest reports heading out of Spain suggest Brendan Rodgers’ will be bringing in some key players before the World Cup kicks off.
Estadio Deportivo report on Sunday afternoon that Liverpool and Sevilla are very close to an agreement on the sale of left back Alberto Moreno for just over 20 million euros.
Liverpool’s initial bid for Moreno was 16.2 million euros plus midfielder Suso on loan for a season – this is a straight cash deal, worth 20 million euros plus variables depending on appearances and how successful the Spaniard is in England.
The Sevilla based paper say the move was accelerated when Moreno was left out of Spain’s 23-man World Cup squad yesterday and the La Liga side are happy with the fee received from Liverpool.
Sevilla, according to Estadio Deportivo, value Moreno at 18 million euros.
Whilst negotiations are not closed, they believe the deal is all but done with the total cost of the deal potentially reaching 25 million euros.
Moreno is now expected in the “city of the Beatles” sometime this week to undergo a medical and Sevilla will use the cash to reinvest in their side this summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Liverpool players have reunion after Fenerbahce win at Feyenoord [Instagram]December 9, 2016
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Joey Barton calls out Steven Gerrard’s coaching credentials (Video)December 8, 2016
- Samir Nasri tells all about Man City boss Pep Guardiola, including his sex curfewNovember 15, 2016
- Awesome: Luis Suarez gave his shirt to a young fan after Sevilla v Barcelona (Video)November 8, 2016
- Awesome video of Leo Messi’s brilliant individual performance v SevillaNovember 8, 2016
- Brilliant Leo Messi guides Barcelona to 2-1 win at Sevilla (official video)November 7, 2016