- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Liverpool close to agreement with Sevilla on Alberto Moreno for €20m [Estadio Deportivo]
With Rickie Lambert set to sign for Liverpool tomorrow, the latest reports heading out of Spain suggest Brendan Rodgers’ will be bringing in some key players before the World Cup kicks off.
Estadio Deportivo report on Sunday afternoon that Liverpool and Sevilla are very close to an agreement on the sale of left back Alberto Moreno for just over 20 million euros.
Liverpool’s initial bid for Moreno was 16.2 million euros plus midfielder Suso on loan for a season – this is a straight cash deal, worth 20 million euros plus variables depending on appearances and how successful the Spaniard is in England.
The Sevilla based paper say the move was accelerated when Moreno was left out of Spain’s 23-man World Cup squad yesterday and the La Liga side are happy with the fee received from Liverpool.
Sevilla, according to Estadio Deportivo, value Moreno at 18 million euros.
Whilst negotiations are not closed, they believe the deal is all but done with the total cost of the deal potentially reaching 25 million euros.
Moreno is now expected in the “city of the Beatles” sometime this week to undergo a medical and Sevilla will use the cash to reinvest in their side this summer.
- Updated: June 1, 2014