- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Liverpool chase Bilbao’s Unai Lopez (17) but so do Arsenal, Chelsea & Man City [Echo]
Don’t you just love throwaway lines which lead to over-hyped transfer speculation?!
The Liverpool Echo provided a paragraph low down in their daily transfer round-up column on Thursday which has created a ripple-affect of excitement for fans of the Anfielders, Chelsea and Manchester City.
Liverpool have also expressed an interest in Athletic Bilbao’s highly-rated teenager Unai Lopez, but with the 17-year-old attracting the attentions of Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City, as well as clubs from Italy, fear their hopes of signing the attacking midfielder are slim.
According to reports, Unai Lopez, a right side midfielder, has a €1m buy-out clause in his contract, however some have questioned the teenager’s ambition after he turned down an approach from Barcelona in 2011 saying:
I got several offers and I decided to go to Athletic. I liked Barcelona’s offer, but it scared me a little to go so far away from my family.
Unai Lopez scored 9 goals in 22 games for Bilbao’s youth team last season, as well as taking part in Athletic’s NextGen series campaign.
There are very few clips of Unai Lopez in action, however you can catch glimpses of the high-prized Spaniard during Bilbao’s goalless draw with Arsenal during last year’s Nextgen stalemate. Unai Lopez is wearing the number 8 shirt.
- Updated: June 20, 2013