- Louis van Gaal got pretty angry with a journalist in Chelsea presser [video]
- Newcastle v Tottenham [Team Sheets]
- Ronaldinho (Queretaro) produced a glorious nutmeg during 6 minute cameo v Club America [Video]
- Sebastian Giovinco two stunning golazos for Toronto FC v Dallas last night [Video]
- Liverpool v Aston Villa [Team Sheets]
Liverpool challenge Man United and Real Madrid for Arturo Vidal, $73m bids expected [El Mercurio]
- July 23, 2014
Chilean daily El Mercurio have gone to print on Wednesday claiming their is a three-way battle for the signature of Juventus star Arturo Vidal.
Although the Turin giants seem to be issuing almost daily quotes and statements noting that Vidal is not for sale, the transfer rumours just won’t go away.
While, of course, the transfer talk is clearly good business for the media outlets peddling the stories, the widely felt narrative is that the Chilean midfielder is available is Juve receive an offer which is too good to refuse.
In that regard, the headline in the Chilean paper says that Vidal will only leave Italy for moves to either Real Madrid, Manchester United or Liverpool.
On Madrid, the paper concede that Los Blancos are in the weakest financial position to get the deal done, while Man United and LIverpool are quoting as being ready to bid $73m for the star.
El Mercurio position Liverpool as the hungriest of the teams, noting that the Reds have $140m to spend this summer.
As for United, it’s reported that Louis van Gaal is ready to offer the player £200,000-a-week to play at Old Trafford.