- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Liverpool challenge Man United and Real Madrid for Arturo Vidal, $73m bids expected [El Mercurio]
Chilean daily El Mercurio have gone to print on Wednesday claiming their is a three-way battle for the signature of Juventus star Arturo Vidal.
Although the Turin giants seem to be issuing almost daily quotes and statements noting that Vidal is not for sale, the transfer rumours just won’t go away.
While, of course, the transfer talk is clearly good business for the media outlets peddling the stories, the widely felt narrative is that the Chilean midfielder is available is Juve receive an offer which is too good to refuse.
In that regard, the headline in the Chilean paper says that Vidal will only leave Italy for moves to either Real Madrid, Manchester United or Liverpool.
On Madrid, the paper concede that Los Blancos are in the weakest financial position to get the deal done, while Man United and LIverpool are quoting as being ready to bid $73m for the star.
El Mercurio position Liverpool as the hungriest of the teams, noting that the Reds have $140m to spend this summer.
As for United, it’s reported that Louis van Gaal is ready to offer the player £200,000-a-week to play at Old Trafford.
- Updated: July 23, 2014