Liverpool challenge Man United and Real Madrid for Arturo Vidal, $73m bids expected [El Mercurio]
- July 23, 2014
Chilean daily El Mercurio have gone to print on Wednesday claiming their is a three-way battle for the signature of Juventus star Arturo Vidal.
Although the Turin giants seem to be issuing almost daily quotes and statements noting that Vidal is not for sale, the transfer rumours just won’t go away.
While, of course, the transfer talk is clearly good business for the media outlets peddling the stories, the widely felt narrative is that the Chilean midfielder is available is Juve receive an offer which is too good to refuse.
In that regard, the headline in the Chilean paper says that Vidal will only leave Italy for moves to either Real Madrid, Manchester United or Liverpool.
On Madrid, the paper concede that Los Blancos are in the weakest financial position to get the deal done, while Man United and LIverpool are quoting as being ready to bid $73m for the star.
El Mercurio position Liverpool as the hungriest of the teams, noting that the Reds have $140m to spend this summer.
As for United, it’s reported that Louis van Gaal is ready to offer the player £200,000-a-week to play at Old Trafford.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...