Liverpool bound Iago Aspas bags quality assist in final Celta Vigo game v Espanyol
- June 1, 2013
In all the furore over Luis Suarez, it is easy to forget that Liverpool have been busy in the early part of the summer transfer window.
News broke on Wednesday that Liverpool have signed Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo and there are plenty of reasons for Brendan Rodgers to be optimistic about the Spanish striker.
Liverpool bound Aspas is a hard running striker, not too dissimilar to Luis Suarez in playing style and temperament with a decent eye for goal having claimed 12 in La Liga this season.
On Saturday night, Aspas played his final match for Celta Vigo, a 1-0 win over Espanyol that saw the home side avoid relegation by the skin of their teeth.
Aspas set up the only goal of the game with some fine trickery down the left, skinning his man and centring for Natxo Insa to score.
Iago Aspas’ final assist for Celta Vigo before joining Liverpool this summer is on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...