- Brendan Rodgers confirms Brad Jones has a thigh strain post-Burnley 0 – Liverpool 1 [Video]
- ‘We were good’: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho not getting carried away with West Ham win [Video]
- Louis van Gaal post-Man United 3 – Newcastle 1: ‘We dominated for the 90 minutes’ [Video]
- Golazo! Liverpool loanee Jordon Ibe scores solo stunner for Derby v Birmingham [Vine]
- Arsenal v QPR [Team Sheets]
Liverpool bound Henrikh Mkhitaryan can also sing… [Video]
Major new signings usually see their past exploits dredged up by fans of their former club and we expect the video below to be wheeled out by Liverpool supporters if the current rumours are true.
Liverpool would secure a real coup if they do sign three-time Armenian player of the year Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk.
The attacking midfielder is brilliant at ghosting his runs into the box and composed when he arrives, suggesting a long and fruitful partnership with Philippe Coutinho awaits at Anfield.
Presumably, the Liverpool scouting team have done their homework on Mkhitaryan and will also be aware just how important he was for Shakhtar as they secured the Ukrainian league title and cup in 2012/2013.
This was made pretty clear during Shakhtar’s end of season celebration in May, when Mkhitaryan was called on stage to sing a ditty much to the delight of the crowd.
The video may also help Liverpool fans learn how to pronounce Mkhitaryan – with a handy guide after the video below.
With a rather good voice, maybe Liverpool’s new Armenian should learn You’ll Never Walk Alone on arrival at Anfield.
- Updated: June 18, 2013