Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: “Suarez improved as a player here, we were reluctant to let him go”
- July 11, 2014
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers have released a statement regarding the transfer of Luis Suarez to Barcelona thanking the player for his services at the club and saying that they were reluctant to let him depart.
Suarez improved greatly as a player playing under Rodgers, reaching his full potential, scoring 61 goals in 81 games in all competitions.
Here’s an extract from the statement: “Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.
“I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.
“The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.”
You can read his full statement on Liverpool’s official website here.
Watch Live Stream
- Pilar Rubio celebrates Sergio Ramos goal for Real Madrid at Barcelona on InstagramDecember 3, 2016
- Sergio Ramos saves Real Madrid again, late goal secures draw at Barcelona [Best Tweets]December 3, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Real Madrid’s distrust of referee Clos Gomez intensified v Barcelona in El ClasicoDecember 3, 2016
- Celtic’s Brendan Rodgers trolls a journalist for a Loch Ness monster & Leo Messi questionNovember 22, 2016
- Celtic fans serenade Brendan Rodgers with hilarious song during win over Kilmarnock (Video)November 21, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Bournemouth v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 3, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016