Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: “Suarez improved as a player here, we were reluctant to let him go”
- July 11, 2014
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers have released a statement regarding the transfer of Luis Suarez to Barcelona thanking the player for his services at the club and saying that they were reluctant to let him depart.
Suarez improved greatly as a player playing under Rodgers, reaching his full potential, scoring 61 goals in 81 games in all competitions.
Here’s an extract from the statement: “Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.
“I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.
“The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.”
You can read his full statement on Liverpool’s official website here.
Watch Live Stream
- Awesome: Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan (Video)September 24, 2016
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- Douglas was one of Barcelona’s most expensive ever players per minutes playedSeptember 23, 2016
- Santa Teresa invite Barcelona’s Luis Suarez to their next game after ‘sexist’ comments to Filipe LuisSeptember 23, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli wasn’t impressed by either ex-Liverpool boss, as coaches or people (Video)September 11, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers: I was doing Pep Guardiola’s full-backs tactical move at Liverpool (Video)September 9, 2016
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp reacts to Mamadou Sakho’s SnapChat updates (Video)September 24, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool’s first half was one of the best v Hull (Video)September 24, 2016
- Liverpool considered as possible title contenders after win over Hull [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Mamadou Sakho accuses Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp of lying in Snapchat postSeptember 24, 2016