Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers on Dejan Lovren: ‘He’s a leader, and he can play’ [Video]
In going out and spending the highest fee for a defender in the club’s history, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers evidently rates Dejan Lovren very highly.
Liverpool have brought the Croatian defender in from Southampton for a 20 million pound fee, surpassing the £18m and £15m sums spent on Glen Johnson and Mamadou Sakho respectively.
Rodgers spoke highly of his new centre half in his interview after Liverpool’s win over Olympiakos, saying:
‘He’s a leader, he leads the line, he can defend…and he can play.
And he’s still only in his mid-20s, so there’s time and room for improvement.’
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers says Celtic were ‘top class’ against Man City (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli wasn’t impressed by either ex-Liverpool boss, as coaches or people (Video)September 11, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers: I was doing Pep Guardiola’s full-backs tactical move at Liverpool (Video)September 9, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins a Premier League awardSeptember 28, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool stars battle Kevin De Bruyne & Michail Antonio for a Premier League awardSeptember 27, 2016
- Twitter falls madly in love with Jurgen Klopp during amazing MNF performance [Tweets]September 26, 2016