Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers on Dejan Lovren: ‘He’s a leader, and he can play’ [Video]
- July 28, 2014
In going out and spending the highest fee for a defender in the club’s history, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers evidently rates Dejan Lovren very highly.
Liverpool have brought the Croatian defender in from Southampton for a 20 million pound fee, surpassing the £18m and £15m sums spent on Glen Johnson and Mamadou Sakho respectively.
Rodgers spoke highly of his new centre half in his interview after Liverpool’s win over Olympiakos, saying:
‘He’s a leader, he leads the line, he can defend…and he can play.
And he’s still only in his mid-20s, so there’s time and room for improvement.’
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi