Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers on Dejan Lovren: ‘He’s a leader, and he can play’ [Video]
In going out and spending the highest fee for a defender in the club’s history, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers evidently rates Dejan Lovren very highly.
Liverpool have brought the Croatian defender in from Southampton for a 20 million pound fee, surpassing the £18m and £15m sums spent on Glen Johnson and Mamadou Sakho respectively.
Rodgers spoke highly of his new centre half in his interview after Liverpool’s win over Olympiakos, saying:
‘He’s a leader, he leads the line, he can defend…and he can play.
And he’s still only in his mid-20s, so there’s time and room for improvement.’
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016