- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Liverpool & Borussia Dortmund have told Ajax they want Daley Blind [De Telegraaf]
The battle for the signature of Holland left back Daley Blind will likely be one of the hottest transfer stories this summer.
Especially if the son of Danny Blind continues to produce more displays like the one against Spain last Friday.
Most of the rumours in recent days have linked Manchester United with a move for Blind, especially as current Holland boss Louis van Gaal will be in charge at Old Trafford next season.
Today, reliable Dutch broadsheet De Telegraaf reports that Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund have told Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars that they want to sign Blind this summer.
Liverpool were thought to be close to signing Sevilla left back Alberto Moreno earlier this summer but it appears they are still on the look-out for a new left-sided defender.
Both Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool went head-to-head last summer over the signing of Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who signed for the Bundsliga side.
De Telegraaf add that with so many clubs now interested in Blind, who can also play in midfield, Ajax are likely to receive a far higher fee than 12 million euros for the versatile player.
- Updated: June 17, 2014