Liverpool are still chasing Mkhitaryan’s signature, Shakhtar demanding £25.5m [The Times]
- July 3, 2013
The Times’ Tony Barrett, an expert on all things Liverpool, has given fans of the Reds renewed hope that Henrikh Mkhitaryan will arrive at Anfield this summer.
After a few days of relative silence on Liverpool’s pursuit of the Armenian, The Times have provided a short update in their Thursday paper.
Liverpool will continue their attempts to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan, despite Shakhtar Donetsk demanding €30 million (about £25.5 million).
The succinct update in The Times will encourage Liverpool fans that their club haven’t given up the ghost of trying to sign the Donetsk attacking midfielder after plenty of earlier rumours suggesting a deal had already been done have since proven to be false.
The Mirror on Thursday have also given an update on Mkhitaryan, claiming the player “is ready to break his contract to force a cut-price £20million move to Liverpool. The Mirror can reveal the Armenian midfielder is in dispute with his Ukrainian club Shakhtar Dontesk – and has effectively gone on strike – over the terms of that deal, which contains a clause allowing him to terminate it and move for that figure.”
Should the deal come to fruition, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers would be bagging a Champions League quality player, adept at late runs into the box as well as a fine finisher.
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool announce signing of Taiwo Awoniyi, immediately send him on loan to Frankfurt
- Man United target Anthony Martial likes playing FIFA with Liverpool [Tweets]
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Liverpool’s Lazar Markovic presented at Fenerbahce after completing loan move
- Dejan Lovren deletes his Instagram account after abuse from Liverpool fans (Tweets)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...