Liverpool are still chasing Mkhitaryan’s signature, Shakhtar demanding £25.5m [The Times]
- July 3, 2013
The Times’ Tony Barrett, an expert on all things Liverpool, has given fans of the Reds renewed hope that Henrikh Mkhitaryan will arrive at Anfield this summer.
After a few days of relative silence on Liverpool’s pursuit of the Armenian, The Times have provided a short update in their Thursday paper.
Liverpool will continue their attempts to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan, despite Shakhtar Donetsk demanding €30 million (about £25.5 million).
The succinct update in The Times will encourage Liverpool fans that their club haven’t given up the ghost of trying to sign the Donetsk attacking midfielder after plenty of earlier rumours suggesting a deal had already been done have since proven to be false.
The Mirror on Thursday have also given an update on Mkhitaryan, claiming the player “is ready to break his contract to force a cut-price £20million move to Liverpool. The Mirror can reveal the Armenian midfielder is in dispute with his Ukrainian club Shakhtar Dontesk – and has effectively gone on strike – over the terms of that deal, which contains a clause allowing him to terminate it and move for that figure.”
Should the deal come to fruition, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers would be bagging a Champions League quality player, adept at late runs into the box as well as a fine finisher.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...