Liverpool are still chasing Mkhitaryan’s signature, Shakhtar demanding £25.5m [The Times]
The Times’ Tony Barrett, an expert on all things Liverpool, has given fans of the Reds renewed hope that Henrikh Mkhitaryan will arrive at Anfield this summer.
After a few days of relative silence on Liverpool’s pursuit of the Armenian, The Times have provided a short update in their Thursday paper.
Liverpool will continue their attempts to sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan, despite Shakhtar Donetsk demanding €30 million (about £25.5 million).
The succinct update in The Times will encourage Liverpool fans that their club haven’t given up the ghost of trying to sign the Donetsk attacking midfielder after plenty of earlier rumours suggesting a deal had already been done have since proven to be false.
The Mirror on Thursday have also given an update on Mkhitaryan, claiming the player “is ready to break his contract to force a cut-price £20million move to Liverpool. The Mirror can reveal the Armenian midfielder is in dispute with his Ukrainian club Shakhtar Dontesk – and has effectively gone on strike – over the terms of that deal, which contains a clause allowing him to terminate it and move for that figure.”
Should the deal come to fruition, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers would be bagging a Champions League quality player, adept at late runs into the box as well as a fine finisher.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool’s Marko Grujic reveals some bad news on SnapChatMay 26th, 2016
- Mixed reports on whether Liverpool have actually bid for Lorient’s Raphael GuerreiroMay 26th, 2016
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016
- Martin Skrtel’s days at Liverpool are almost certainly over, confirms agentMay 25th, 2016
- Oleksandria midfielder Vasyl Grytsuk scores wonder goal after Ronaldo chop vs Shakhtar (Video)April 20th, 2016
- Shakhtar Donetsk publish farewell video for Alex Teixeira following Jiangsu Suning moveFebruary 5th, 2016
- Liverpool target Alex Teixeira has been sold to Jiangsu Suning for €50m [L’Equipe]February 4th, 2016
- Chinese side Jiangsu Suning set to buy Liverpool target Alex Teixeira for €50m [Marca]February 4th, 2016