Liverpool are ready to reward manager Brendan Rodgers with a new £2m-a-year “mega” deal [Mirror]
As Liverpool prepare for one of their most important matches of the season away at Manchester CIty on Boxing Day, fans of the Scousers will be buoyed by the backpage headline in the Mirror claiming the club are ready to back their manager even further.
David Maddock, in his straightforward piece headlines “Rodgers’ mega deal”, claims the exclusive story that Liverpool are set to offer their boss a new long term deal.
As reported in the Mirror:
Liverpool are ready to reward Brendan Rodgers for his stunning success this season with a massive new contract. Fresh from securing Luis Suarez’s future with a new four-year deal, the club’s US owners have turned their attention to Rodgers.
We understand Rodgers will be offered a two and a half year extension, and will see his salary rise well above the £2m-a-year mark, to reflect his status as one of the coming managers in the game.
Liverpool appointed Rodgers as their manager in May 2012, penning the coach to an initial three-year contract at Anfield.
The backpage of the Mirror can be read below.
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund reject Liverpool’s £11m bid for Christian Pulisic, loan move possible [ESPN]August 29, 2016
- Twitter explodes as rumours circulate that Jordan Henderson will replace Wayne Rooney as England captainAugust 29, 2016
- Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho rejects loan move to Stoke City [Telegraph & Mirror]August 29, 2016
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016