- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Liverpool are absolutely smashing the Premier League top goal scorer rankings [graphic]
With their four goals against Swansea on Sunday, Liverpool officially became the top goal scorers in the Premier League.
Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool side have scored a whopping 70 goals in 2013/2014, one more than Manchester City who have claimed 69.
Considering how much credit Manchester City’s swashbuckling football has correctly received this season, this is some achievement from Liverpool.
Of Liverpool’s 70 goals, Luis Suarez (23) and Daniel Sturridge (18) have contributed a combined 41 and the SAS are guiding Brendan Rodgers’ side to a serious title challenge.
It is not only the top goal scorer rankings that Liverpool are dominating but also the assist table with Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard now locked on 9 each.
With no European distractions and big games to come at Anfield against the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea – the final weeks of Liverpool’s Premier League season will be absolutely fascinating.
- Updated: February 24, 2014