Liverpool announce that Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long-term contract with the club
- May 26, 2014
Liverpool today announced that they have rewarded manager Brendan Rodgers with a new long-term contract.
Rodgers wasn’t expected to have such a good season with Liverpool last season with the initial aim being to secure Champions League football.
But instead the club came agonizingly close to claiming their first league title in 24 years and qualified for the Champions League automatically.
Liverpool wrote on their official website: “Today’s announcement brings further stability to the club, securing the services of one of the brightest managerial talents in the game as Liverpool continues to develop its on-pitch performance.”
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) May 26, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- Liverpool make £11m bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic [Tony Barrett]August 26, 2016
- Liverpool have no interest in signing Manchester City’s Joe Hart [Echo]August 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp chats to Gary Lineker about his philosophy, winter breaks and Dortmund days (Video)August 26, 2016
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 26, 2016