- Sogndal’s Kristian Fardal Opseth emulates Charlie Adam with 57-yard golazo [Vine]
- Aston Villa players celebrate FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool in Wembley dressing room [Video]
- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli complains about offside decision on Instagram after FA Cup exit
- Bizarre: Al Faisaly keeper scores insane overhead kick own goal v Al Wihdat [Video]
- Christian Eriksen refuses to admit anyone got a touch on 2nd Spurs goal at Newcastle [video]
Liverpool announce that Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long-term contract with the club
- May 26, 2014
Liverpool today announced that they have rewarded manager Brendan Rodgers with a new long-term contract.
Rodgers wasn’t expected to have such a good season with Liverpool last season with the initial aim being to secure Champions League football.
But instead the club came agonizingly close to claiming their first league title in 24 years and qualified for the Champions League automatically.
Liverpool wrote on their official website: “Today’s announcement brings further stability to the club, securing the services of one of the brightest managerial talents in the game as Liverpool continues to develop its on-pitch performance.”
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) May 26, 2014