Liverpool announce that Brendan Rodgers has signed a new long-term contract with the club
- May 26, 2014
Liverpool today announced that they have rewarded manager Brendan Rodgers with a new long-term contract.
Rodgers wasn’t expected to have such a good season with Liverpool last season with the initial aim being to secure Champions League football.
But instead the club came agonizingly close to claiming their first league title in 24 years and qualified for the Champions League automatically.
Liverpool wrote on their official website: “Today’s announcement brings further stability to the club, securing the services of one of the brightest managerial talents in the game as Liverpool continues to develop its on-pitch performance.”
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) May 26, 2014
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi