- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
- Sunderland winger Adam Johnson TROLLS Newcastle with Christmas message!
Liverpool and Chelsea chasing 16 year old Marseille wonderkid Maxime Lopez [Sports Witness]
Liverpool and Chelsea are both tracking Olympic Marseille’s 16 year old playmaker Maxime Lopez.
The youngster has caught the eye of the Chelsea and Liverpool scouts, after impressing in Marseille’s youth teams.
Within the French clubs, there is an existing gentlemen’s agreement not to poach other teams young players, however the English clubs often try to take advantage of that situation.
Lopez has been compared to Mathieu Valbuena due to his similar slight frame and short stature.
A source at the club has voiced his concern that Lopez could leave for the Premier League leaving Marselle with a UEFA set compensation fee instead of a transfer fee. The source said: “If a foreign club offers €20,000 per month to a kid of 16 years… what do we do? This is the law of football business, but we hope he will make the choice with his heart.”
Marseille are hoping to tie Lopez down long term with a 5 year contract. Hoping that the promise of more regular first team football will encourage him to stay in order to help him develop into a true star.
- Updated: February 7, 2014