Liverpool and Chelsea chasing 16 year old Marseille wonderkid Maxime Lopez [Sports Witness]
- February 7, 2014
Liverpool and Chelsea are both tracking Olympic Marseille’s 16 year old playmaker Maxime Lopez.
The youngster has caught the eye of the Chelsea and Liverpool scouts, after impressing in Marseille’s youth teams.
Within the French clubs, there is an existing gentlemen’s agreement not to poach other teams young players, however the English clubs often try to take advantage of that situation.
Lopez has been compared to Mathieu Valbuena due to his similar slight frame and short stature.
A source at the club has voiced his concern that Lopez could leave for the Premier League leaving Marselle with a UEFA set compensation fee instead of a transfer fee. The source said: “If a foreign club offers €20,000 per month to a kid of 16 years… what do we do? This is the law of football business, but we hope he will make the choice with his heart.”
Marseille are hoping to tie Lopez down long term with a 5 year contract. Hoping that the promise of more regular first team football will encourage him to stay in order to help him develop into a true star.
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Diego Costa smashes into people and scores nutmeg during futsal friendly in Kuwait [Video]
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi