Liverpool and Chelsea chasing 16 year old Marseille wonderkid Maxime Lopez [Sports Witness]
Liverpool and Chelsea are both tracking Olympic Marseille’s 16 year old playmaker Maxime Lopez.
The youngster has caught the eye of the Chelsea and Liverpool scouts, after impressing in Marseille’s youth teams.
Within the French clubs, there is an existing gentlemen’s agreement not to poach other teams young players, however the English clubs often try to take advantage of that situation.
Lopez has been compared to Mathieu Valbuena due to his similar slight frame and short stature.
A source at the club has voiced his concern that Lopez could leave for the Premier League leaving Marselle with a UEFA set compensation fee instead of a transfer fee. The source said: “If a foreign club offers €20,000 per month to a kid of 16 years… what do we do? This is the law of football business, but we hope he will make the choice with his heart.”
Marseille are hoping to tie Lopez down long term with a 5 year contract. Hoping that the promise of more regular first team football will encourage him to stay in order to help him develop into a true star.
Watch Live Stream
- Thibaut Courtois puts an end to Real Madrid rumours, insists he’s staying at Chelsea (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Chelsea chose the wrong day to bid their fans a Good Morning [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- Chelsea fans turn on Jose Mourinho following his love-in at Man United [Tweets]May 27th, 2016
- The full list of Official Jose Mourinho Merchandise is staggering, and ridiculous [Graphic]May 26th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson says he’s proving fitness whilst Twitter slates his perf...May 27th, 2016
- Liverpool target Raphael Guerreiro savages Journo claiming Dortmund move is close [Tweet]May 27th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Marko Grujic reveals some bad news on SnapChatMay 26th, 2016
- Mixed reports on whether Liverpool have actually bid for Lorient’s Raphael GuerreiroMay 26th, 2016