Liverpool and Chelsea chasing 16 year old Marseille wonderkid Maxime Lopez [Sports Witness]
Liverpool and Chelsea are both tracking Olympic Marseille’s 16 year old playmaker Maxime Lopez.
The youngster has caught the eye of the Chelsea and Liverpool scouts, after impressing in Marseille’s youth teams.
Within the French clubs, there is an existing gentlemen’s agreement not to poach other teams young players, however the English clubs often try to take advantage of that situation.
Lopez has been compared to Mathieu Valbuena due to his similar slight frame and short stature.
A source at the club has voiced his concern that Lopez could leave for the Premier League leaving Marselle with a UEFA set compensation fee instead of a transfer fee. The source said: “If a foreign club offers €20,000 per month to a kid of 16 years… what do we do? This is the law of football business, but we hope he will make the choice with his heart.”
Marseille are hoping to tie Lopez down long term with a 5 year contract. Hoping that the promise of more regular first team football will encourage him to stay in order to help him develop into a true star.
Watch Live Stream
- Roman Abramovich gives Chelsea’s Antonio Conte the dreaded vote of confidence [Times]September 27, 2016
- How N’Golo Kante’s game has changed at Chelsea since leaving LeicesterSeptember 26, 2016
- The team Chelsea should be fielding shows why they are in crisis againSeptember 26, 2016
- Rumour: Man United old boy Angel di Maria may be heading to ChelseaSeptember 26, 2016
- Twitter falls madly in love with Jurgen Klopp during amazing MNF performance [Tweets]September 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp gets told Liverpool title odds, reveals he’s never gambled in his life (Video)September 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp talks about his punditry past and what he dislikes about analysts on MNF (Video)September 26, 2016
- Arsenal & Liverpool stars joined by Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero in the BBC XI of the weekSeptember 26, 2016