Liverpool and Chelsea chasing 16 year old Marseille wonderkid Maxime Lopez [Sports Witness]
Liverpool and Chelsea are both tracking Olympic Marseille’s 16 year old playmaker Maxime Lopez.
The youngster has caught the eye of the Chelsea and Liverpool scouts, after impressing in Marseille’s youth teams.
Within the French clubs, there is an existing gentlemen’s agreement not to poach other teams young players, however the English clubs often try to take advantage of that situation.
Lopez has been compared to Mathieu Valbuena due to his similar slight frame and short stature.
A source at the club has voiced his concern that Lopez could leave for the Premier League leaving Marselle with a UEFA set compensation fee instead of a transfer fee. The source said: “If a foreign club offers €20,000 per month to a kid of 16 years… what do we do? This is the law of football business, but we hope he will make the choice with his heart.”
Marseille are hoping to tie Lopez down long term with a 5 year contract. Hoping that the promise of more regular first team football will encourage him to stay in order to help him develop into a true star.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard reveals who his best friends in football are (Video)October 27, 2016
- Police investigating West Ham fans over homophobic flyer about Chelsea’s John TerryOctober 27, 2016
- The Mourinho-Conte WhatsApp chat after Man United loss at Chelsea [spoof]October 27, 2016
- Cesc Fabregas confirms his fitness to Chelsea boss Antonio Conte with Instagram videoOctober 27, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson praises Arsenal youngster; gives thoughts on title raceOctober 27, 2016
- 6.5ft 15-year-old Bury starlet Emeka Obi confirms he has signed for LiverpoolOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher Trolls Jose Mourinho after Man United winOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool’s predicted line-up for the Crystal Palace match (Videos)October 27, 2016