Liverpool and Chelsea chasing 16 year old Marseille wonderkid Maxime Lopez [Sports Witness]
Liverpool and Chelsea are both tracking Olympic Marseille’s 16 year old playmaker Maxime Lopez.
The youngster has caught the eye of the Chelsea and Liverpool scouts, after impressing in Marseille’s youth teams.
Within the French clubs, there is an existing gentlemen’s agreement not to poach other teams young players, however the English clubs often try to take advantage of that situation.
Lopez has been compared to Mathieu Valbuena due to his similar slight frame and short stature.
A source at the club has voiced his concern that Lopez could leave for the Premier League leaving Marselle with a UEFA set compensation fee instead of a transfer fee. The source said: “If a foreign club offers €20,000 per month to a kid of 16 years… what do we do? This is the law of football business, but we hope he will make the choice with his heart.”
Marseille are hoping to tie Lopez down long term with a 5 year contract. Hoping that the promise of more regular first team football will encourage him to stay in order to help him develop into a true star.
Watch Live Stream
- Pep Guardiola impressed with Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United of late (Video)December 5, 2016
- Chelsea & Man City charged by the FA. Cesc Fabregas gets away with itDecember 5, 2016
- Real Madrid offer rejected for wonderkid Alexander Isak. Chelsea still in the mix [Expressen]December 5, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to claim he snubbed Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas (Video)December 5, 2016
- Liverpool set for a Champions League return at BarcelonaDecember 5, 2016
- Layton Ndukwu scores from his own half for Leicester U23s v Liverpool (video)December 5, 2016
- Jamie Carragher reveals his MNF talking points on Antonio Conte, Liverpool & Man United (Video)December 5, 2016
- Rumours spread that Liverpool are about to sign a Dutch internationalDecember 5, 2016