Liverpool and Chelsea chasing 16 year old Marseille wonderkid Maxime Lopez [Sports Witness]
Liverpool and Chelsea are both tracking Olympic Marseille’s 16 year old playmaker Maxime Lopez.
The youngster has caught the eye of the Chelsea and Liverpool scouts, after impressing in Marseille’s youth teams.
Within the French clubs, there is an existing gentlemen’s agreement not to poach other teams young players, however the English clubs often try to take advantage of that situation.
Lopez has been compared to Mathieu Valbuena due to his similar slight frame and short stature.
A source at the club has voiced his concern that Lopez could leave for the Premier League leaving Marselle with a UEFA set compensation fee instead of a transfer fee. The source said: “If a foreign club offers €20,000 per month to a kid of 16 years… what do we do? This is the law of football business, but we hope he will make the choice with his heart.”
Marseille are hoping to tie Lopez down long term with a 5 year contract. Hoping that the promise of more regular first team football will encourage him to stay in order to help him develop into a true star.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea’s John Terry has bad news for England [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Eden Hazard & Antonio Conte interviews after Chelsea beat Burnley (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Chelsea fans boast about how good their side were against Burnley (Video)August 27, 2016
- Done Deal: AC Milan sign a Chelsea midfielder on loanAugust 27, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp trolls Geoff Shreeves after Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Video)August 27, 2016
- James Milner penalty cancelled out by Rose equaliser: Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Coutinho Starts: Tottenham v Liverpool [Team Sheets]August 27, 2016
- Liverpool make £11m bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic [Tony Barrett]August 26, 2016