Liverpool agree €12m terms with Bayer Leverkusen for Emre Can [Bild]
German paper Bild are reporting that Liverpool are in the final stages of signing German U21 international from Bayer Leverkusen, having agrred to meet the Germans’ asking price of €12m.
There were some other complications with Can’s situation, what with Bayern Munich holding a buy-back option over the German-Turkish midfielder, but these have now been successfully circumvented, and the Reds are now primed to complete the signing.
The Guardian add that said agreement was actually made a week ago, but that both sides preferred to keep shtum until things became clearer this week.
Having missed out on the German World Cup squad, Can will arrive at Anfield for next season raring to go – should the transfer go through as expected.
- Oh dear: Bayer Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno scores nightmare own goal v Augsburg (video)
- Swing and a miss: Bayer Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno with a howler against Augsburg (Vi...
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- EA Sports simulate Dortmund versus Leverkusen on FIFA 16 (Video)
- Borrussia Dortmund won the internet wishing Jurgen Klopp well at Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp’s 1st message to Liverpool fans is as zany & brilliant as you h...
- Jurgen Klopp is already Goofing around in his first Liverpool Vine
- Jurgen Klopp signs 3-year Liverpool deal making him highest paid PL boss [Telegraph]