- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
Liverpool agree €12m terms with Bayer Leverkusen for Emre Can [Bild]
- June 4, 2014
German paper Bild are reporting that Liverpool are in the final stages of signing German U21 international from Bayer Leverkusen, having agrred to meet the Germans’ asking price of €12m.
There were some other complications with Can’s situation, what with Bayern Munich holding a buy-back option over the German-Turkish midfielder, but these have now been successfully circumvented, and the Reds are now primed to complete the signing.
The Guardian add that said agreement was actually made a week ago, but that both sides preferred to keep shtum until things became clearer this week.
Having missed out on the German World Cup squad, Can will arrive at Anfield for next season raring to go – should the transfer go through as expected.