Liverpool agree €12m terms with Bayer Leverkusen for Emre Can [Bild]
German paper Bild are reporting that Liverpool are in the final stages of signing German U21 international from Bayer Leverkusen, having agrred to meet the Germans’ asking price of €12m.
There were some other complications with Can’s situation, what with Bayern Munich holding a buy-back option over the German-Turkish midfielder, but these have now been successfully circumvented, and the Reds are now primed to complete the signing.
The Guardian add that said agreement was actually made a week ago, but that both sides preferred to keep shtum until things became clearer this week.
Having missed out on the German World Cup squad, Can will arrive at Anfield for next season raring to go – should the transfer go through as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- 19-year-old refugee Ousman Manneh scores match-winner for Werder Bremen v Leverkusen (Video)October 19, 2016
- Humble: Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris plays down world class save to deny Leverkusen (Video)October 19, 2016
- Spurs’ Hugo Lloris denies Leverkusen’s Chicharito with incredible point blank save (Video)October 18, 2016
- Tottenham star Heung-Min Son talks about facing former club Bayer Leverkusen (Video)October 18, 2016
- Liverpool benchwarmer Simon Mignolet jokes about his new role (Instagram Video)October 21, 2016
- Liverpool’s top 10 best cheeky chips & lobbed goals (official video)October 21, 2016
- Liverpool v West Brom: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Patrice Evra buries the hatchet with Luis Suarez by congratulating the forward [Instagram]October 20, 2016