Liverpool agree €12m terms with Bayer Leverkusen for Emre Can [Bild]
German paper Bild are reporting that Liverpool are in the final stages of signing German U21 international from Bayer Leverkusen, having agrred to meet the Germans’ asking price of €12m.
There were some other complications with Can’s situation, what with Bayern Munich holding a buy-back option over the German-Turkish midfielder, but these have now been successfully circumvented, and the Reds are now primed to complete the signing.
The Guardian add that said agreement was actually made a week ago, but that both sides preferred to keep shtum until things became clearer this week.
Having missed out on the German World Cup squad, Can will arrive at Anfield for next season raring to go – should the transfer go through as expected.
- Herrera speaks about United ‘dream come true’ and Calhanoglu gives free-kick mastercl...
- Bayer Leverkusen v Schalke: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- David De Gea says ‘the whole world knows’ his good friend Chicharito is a goalscorer ...
- Man United old boy Chicharito scores for his third straight Bayer Leverkusen game (Official Video)
- Steven Gerrard believes the ‘Klopp Effect’ is taking hold at Liverpool (Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)
- Steven Gerrard admits he’s looking forward to training with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool (Video)
- Steven Gerrard uses Instagram to announce Liverpool’s All Stars game in Australia (Video)