Liverpool agree €12m terms with Bayer Leverkusen for Emre Can [Bild]
German paper Bild are reporting that Liverpool are in the final stages of signing German U21 international from Bayer Leverkusen, having agrred to meet the Germans’ asking price of €12m.
There were some other complications with Can’s situation, what with Bayern Munich holding a buy-back option over the German-Turkish midfielder, but these have now been successfully circumvented, and the Reds are now primed to complete the signing.
The Guardian add that said agreement was actually made a week ago, but that both sides preferred to keep shtum until things became clearer this week.
Having missed out on the German World Cup squad, Can will arrive at Anfield for next season raring to go – should the transfer go through as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5th, 2016
- Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell wants to be Marcelo’s apprentice at Real Madrid [Quotes]March 12th, 2016
- Man United post interest in a Bayer Leverkusen defender [Kicker]March 6th, 2016
- Leverkusen v Dortmund held up for 10 minutes as the ref walks off (Video + Tweets)February 21st, 2016
- Liverpool “very close” to completing €60m deal for Porto star Yacine Brahimi [A Bola]May 25th, 2016
- New Liverpool signing Loris Karius discusses move from Mainz on InstagramMay 25th, 2016
- Done Deal: Liverpool sign Loris Karius from Mainz (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Redmen TV try to convince themselves Mario Gotze could still join Liverpool from Bayern (Video)May 24th, 2016