Liverpool agree €12m terms with Bayer Leverkusen for Emre Can [Bild]
German paper Bild are reporting that Liverpool are in the final stages of signing German U21 international from Bayer Leverkusen, having agrred to meet the Germans’ asking price of €12m.
There were some other complications with Can’s situation, what with Bayern Munich holding a buy-back option over the German-Turkish midfielder, but these have now been successfully circumvented, and the Reds are now primed to complete the signing.
The Guardian add that said agreement was actually made a week ago, but that both sides preferred to keep shtum until things became clearer this week.
Having missed out on the German World Cup squad, Can will arrive at Anfield for next season raring to go – should the transfer go through as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Arsenal turn to former Man United striker Chicharito [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5, 2016
- Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell wants to be Marcelo’s apprentice at Real Madrid [Quotes]March 12, 2016
- Man United post interest in a Bayer Leverkusen defender [Kicker]March 6, 2016
- New Liverpool GK Karius ruled out with broken hand, fans dread being stuck with Mignolet [Tweets]July 30, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge posts amusing video from Liverpool’s 3rd kit launchJuly 29, 2016
- Ovie Ejaria’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Chelsea (Video)July 28, 2016
- Chelsea official Twitter attacked for outrageous Cesc Fabregas claim during Liverpool game [Tweets]July 28, 2016