Liverpool agree €12m terms with Bayer Leverkusen for Emre Can [Bild]
German paper Bild are reporting that Liverpool are in the final stages of signing German U21 international from Bayer Leverkusen, having agrred to meet the Germans’ asking price of €12m.
There were some other complications with Can’s situation, what with Bayern Munich holding a buy-back option over the German-Turkish midfielder, but these have now been successfully circumvented, and the Reds are now primed to complete the signing.
The Guardian add that said agreement was actually made a week ago, but that both sides preferred to keep shtum until things became clearer this week.
Having missed out on the German World Cup squad, Can will arrive at Anfield for next season raring to go – should the transfer go through as expected.
Watch Live Stream
- Tottenham tipped to buy one of the best free-kick specialists in world football [Bild]August 24, 2016
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez hints that he could leave Bayer Leverkusen this summer [Quotes]August 4, 2016
- Rumour: Arsenal turn to former Man United striker Chicharito [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp warns Daniel Sturridge that he’s fallen down pecking order at Liverpool [Mirror]August 28, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela pictured eye gouging Liverpool’s Dejan LovrenAugust 28, 2016
- Liverpool keeper Danny Ward was superb as Huddersfield stay top of the Championship (Video)August 28, 2016
- Daniel Sturridge is like Jack Wilshere. They need to perform on the training pitch (Sky Video)August 28, 2016