Liverpool agree £25m deal for Mkhitaryan (Russian Sport-Express), Spurs want to hijack it (Mail)
- June 29, 2013
Reports from Eastern Europe on Friday evening claimed Liverpool have now agreed a £25 million deal with Shaktar Donetsk for midfield goalscorer Henrikh Mkhitaryan, after weeks of all-but confirmed information being passed back and forth.
Russian newspaper Sport-Express report that Shaktar have reached an agreement with “the 18-time champions of England”, and that an that they ”will make an official statement about the transaction in the next few days.”
They fee being mooted €30 million (£25.6m), and that the player will fly to England in the coming days to sign with the Anfield club.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail claim Spurs are set to throw a curveball into the mix by hijacking the deal at the 11th hour.
The Mail claim that if Spurs can have the Paulinho deal tied up before Mkhitaryan has signed on the dotted line for the Reds, they will try to lure him to London.
If Mkhitaryan does complete his move to England in the coming days, he’d better hope the club he chooses doesn’t have a song singing initiation ritual…
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]