Lionel Messi was denied an absolute sitter v Trinidad & Tobago by a ridiculous last ditch tackle [Vine]
Argentine striker Lionel Messi will be hoping that his epic miss against Trinidad & Tobago overnight on Wednesday got it out of his system before the big kick off in Brazil.
Argentina beat Trinidad & Tobago 3-0 courtesy of goals from Rodrigo Palacio, Javier Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez, however the scoreline should have been greater had Messi not missed a sitter.
Messi came under fire for not moving quick enough to blast the ball into an open net from two yards, as Trinidadian defender Yohance Marshall stormed in to pinch the ball of the Barcelona striker’s toes.
See how Lionel Messi failed to score into an open net below.
- Blow for Man City & FPL managers as Sergio Aguero’s injury timetable is wors...
- Paraguay v Argentina: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Ecuador stun Argentina with 2-0 win at Estadio Monumental (Official highlights)
- Man United flyer Antonio Valencia pulled off a quality rapid assist v Argentina (offici...
- Alejandro Grimaldo hits out at Luis Enrique for neglecting Barcelona B team (Quotes)
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]