Lionel Messi was denied an absolute sitter v Trinidad & Tobago by a ridiculous last ditch tackle [Vine]
- June 5, 2014
Argentine striker Lionel Messi will be hoping that his epic miss against Trinidad & Tobago overnight on Wednesday got it out of his system before the big kick off in Brazil.
Argentina beat Trinidad & Tobago 3-0 courtesy of goals from Rodrigo Palacio, Javier Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez, however the scoreline should have been greater had Messi not missed a sitter.
Messi came under fire for not moving quick enough to blast the ball into an open net from two yards, as Trinidadian defender Yohance Marshall stormed in to pinch the ball of the Barcelona striker’s toes.
See how Lionel Messi failed to score into an open net below.
- Leo Messi’s school in Rosario honour the Barca star with giant hand-painted tribu...
- “Eternal friend”: Diego Maradona posts about re-uniting with England-Argent...
- Man United & Man City stars selected for Argentina’s latest squad, Erik Lame...
- What. A. Goal. Substitute Eric Aparicio nets incredible long range golazo v Lanus (Video)
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Matías Messi defends brother Leo from Argentina critics on Twitter
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...