Lionel Messi was denied an absolute sitter v Trinidad & Tobago by a ridiculous last ditch tackle [Vine]
- June 5, 2014
Argentine striker Lionel Messi will be hoping that his epic miss against Trinidad & Tobago overnight on Wednesday got it out of his system before the big kick off in Brazil.
Argentina beat Trinidad & Tobago 3-0 courtesy of goals from Rodrigo Palacio, Javier Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez, however the scoreline should have been greater had Messi not missed a sitter.
Messi came under fire for not moving quick enough to blast the ball into an open net from two yards, as Trinidadian defender Yohance Marshall stormed in to pinch the ball of the Barcelona striker’s toes.
See how Lionel Messi failed to score into an open net below.
- Manchester United will sign Argentina number one Sergio Romero this weekend (ESPN)
- Matías Messi defends brother Leo from Argentina critics on Twitter
- Youtuber brilliantly demonstrates how Messi wasn’t to blame for Argentina’s...
- Leo Messi’s grandfather criticises his grandson’s Copa America performances...
- Leo Messi speaks for the 1st time after criticism in Argentina after the Copa America. ...
- Close up footage of Leo Messi’s brother, Matias, being harassed at the Copa Ameri...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi