- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Lionel Messi was denied an absolute sitter v Trinidad & Tobago by a ridiculous last ditch tackle [Vine]
Argentine striker Lionel Messi will be hoping that his epic miss against Trinidad & Tobago overnight on Wednesday got it out of his system before the big kick off in Brazil.
Argentina beat Trinidad & Tobago 3-0 courtesy of goals from Rodrigo Palacio, Javier Mascherano and Maxi Rodriguez, however the scoreline should have been greater had Messi not missed a sitter.
Messi came under fire for not moving quick enough to blast the ball into an open net from two yards, as Trinidadian defender Yohance Marshall stormed in to pinch the ball of the Barcelona striker’s toes.
See how Lionel Messi failed to score into an open net below.
- Updated: June 5, 2014