Lionel Messi denies ignoring kid mascot: “I would never do such a thing to a young boy”
- June 17, 2014
Despite scoring his first World Cup goal in eight years, in Argentina’s 2-1 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lionel Messi has become embroiled in a controversy from the minutes preceding the game.
Lionel Messi is alleged to have ignored a young mascot, who had put out his hand to greet the Argentina star, and looked crestfallen when he was ignored.
The Barcelona forward was asked in a press conference on Monday how it was that he appeared to ignore the mascot and he denied the allegations vociferously.
Messi: “How could it be that I did not want to greet the boy? I just did not realise he was there. In fact, I spoke to two other children in the line.”
The Argentine continued: “I would never do such a thing when I have a nephew and young son, I would never do such a thing with a boy.”
Surely the youngster will be found and shown shaking hands with Lionel Messi in the coming days. It seems inevitable now…
- Argentina v Paraguay: Watch a Live Stream of the Copa America match – available in UK
- Goal drought with Argentina is beginning to affect Leo Messi [Video]
- Carlos Tevez scores seriously cheeky goal in Argentina training [video]
- Lionel Messi shows why he’s the world’s best dribbler versus Colombia [GIF]
- Leo Messi’s morbid reaction to David Ospina’s wonder save against him [Video]
- Carlos Tevez scores winning penalty as Argentina beat Colombia in quarter-final shootou...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi