Lionel Messi denies ignoring kid mascot: “I would never do such a thing to a young boy”
- June 17, 2014
Despite scoring his first World Cup goal in eight years, in Argentina’s 2-1 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lionel Messi has become embroiled in a controversy from the minutes preceding the game.
Lionel Messi is alleged to have ignored a young mascot, who had put out his hand to greet the Argentina star, and looked crestfallen when he was ignored.
The Barcelona forward was asked in a press conference on Monday how it was that he appeared to ignore the mascot and he denied the allegations vociferously.
Messi: “How could it be that I did not want to greet the boy? I just did not realise he was there. In fact, I spoke to two other children in the line.”
The Argentine continued: “I would never do such a thing when I have a nephew and young son, I would never do such a thing with a boy.”
Surely the youngster will be found and shown shaking hands with Lionel Messi in the coming days. It seems inevitable now…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...