Lionel Messi denies ignoring kid mascot: “I would never do such a thing to a young boy”
Despite scoring his first World Cup goal in eight years, in Argentina’s 2-1 win over Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lionel Messi has become embroiled in a controversy from the minutes preceding the game.
Lionel Messi is alleged to have ignored a young mascot, who had put out his hand to greet the Argentina star, and looked crestfallen when he was ignored.
The Barcelona forward was asked in a press conference on Monday how it was that he appeared to ignore the mascot and he denied the allegations vociferously.
Messi: “How could it be that I did not want to greet the boy? I just did not realise he was there. In fact, I spoke to two other children in the line.”
The Argentine continued: “I would never do such a thing when I have a nephew and young son, I would never do such a thing with a boy.”
Surely the youngster will be found and shown shaking hands with Lionel Messi in the coming days. It seems inevitable now…
Watch Live Stream
- The Argentinian press continue to hammer Leo Messi, ask questions about his injury (Video)September 8, 2016
- Barcelona legend Leo Messi explains why he decided to dye his hair blondeSeptember 4, 2016
- Venezuela v Argentina: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-09-06September 3, 2016
- Lionel Messi insists that he wasn’t deceiving anyone with his Argentina retirement (Video)September 3, 2016
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- The story behind Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Looks like Neymar is back together with ex girlfriend Bruna MarquezineSeptember 26, 2016
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- The moment Lionel Messi picked up a groin strain against Atletico Madrid (Video)September 22, 2016
- Barcelona confirm Leo Messi is out for 3 weeks with groin injurySeptember 21, 2016
- Pep Guardiola: Leo Messi sits on football’s top table by himself (Video)September 17, 2016