Tottenham v AEL Limassol: Predicted line-ups, Europa League preview & betting tips
- August 28, 2014
Possible starting lineups
Tottenham: Vorm; Naughton, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Paulinho; Holtby, Townsend; Kane, Adebayor
AEL Limassol: Fegrouch; Sielis, Carlitos, Cadu, Barcelos; Edmar, Bebe, Guidileye, Sardinero; Gikiewicz, Nikolaou
Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
SkyBet Super 6 Special: Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
If the jackpot isn’t won the highest scoring player will get £5,000!
Barring a screw-up of epic proportions, Tottenham should have more than enough in their locker to see off the challenge of Cypriot minnows AEL Limassol in the Europa League on Thursday night.
Spurs walked away from the first leg with a 2-1 victory secured by late strikes from Roberto Soldado and Harry Kane, and while Mauricio Pochettino will surely be drilling into his players the need to put on a professional show in the home leg, Spurs are undoubtedly in the box seat to advance in the competition.
Coming into the game on the back of a 4-0 battering of QPR at White Hart Lane last weekend in the Premier League, Tottenham should be full of confidence against AEL.
Further buoyed by the signing of Federico Fazio on Wednesday, Spurs’ options look bountiful against Limassol. Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches could feature for the first time this season after recovering from a back injury, right-back Kyle Naughton returns following suspension, however Kyle Walker is ruled out with a hip problem.
Elsewhere, Pochettino is expected to recall Andros Townsend after he was left out the squad for the QPR game, however Roberto Soldadois a concern with a neck strain that could see Emmanuel Adebayor return to the starting XI.
101GG Predicts: Tottenham 2 – AEL Limassol 0
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Essential match facts to help with online betting:
Tottenham have faced Cypriot opposition once before in European competition, beating Anorthosis Famagusta 6-1 at White Hart Lane before drawing 1-1 away.
Tottenham have won 9 of their last 11 home matches in the Europa League. The other results were a draw to Basel and a 3-1 defeat to Benfica in the semi-final of last season’s competition.
AEL have made it through to the group stages of the Europa League only once before (2012-13).
- Tottenham target Victor Wanyama set to stay at Southampton [Sky Sports]
- West Ham are in talks with Tottenham over Emmanuel Adebayor (Sky Sports Video)
- Why Erik Lamela’s move from Tottenham to Marseille collapsed [L’Equipe]
- Alexandre Pato posts Instagram update on his possible move to Tottenham
- Spurs flop Erik Lamela is close to joining Marseille on loan (Di Marzio)
- Spurs’ Nacer Chadli & Moussa Dembélé work at the Diables Rouges call centre ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...