Tottenham v AEL Limassol: Predicted line-ups, Europa League preview & betting tips
- August 28, 2014
Possible starting lineups
Tottenham: Vorm; Naughton, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Paulinho; Holtby, Townsend; Kane, Adebayor
AEL Limassol: Fegrouch; Sielis, Carlitos, Cadu, Barcelos; Edmar, Bebe, Guidileye, Sardinero; Gikiewicz, Nikolaou
Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
SkyBet Super 6 Special: Predict 6 scores to win £250,000!
If the jackpot isn’t won the highest scoring player will get £5,000!
Barring a screw-up of epic proportions, Tottenham should have more than enough in their locker to see off the challenge of Cypriot minnows AEL Limassol in the Europa League on Thursday night.
Spurs walked away from the first leg with a 2-1 victory secured by late strikes from Roberto Soldado and Harry Kane, and while Mauricio Pochettino will surely be drilling into his players the need to put on a professional show in the home leg, Spurs are undoubtedly in the box seat to advance in the competition.
Coming into the game on the back of a 4-0 battering of QPR at White Hart Lane last weekend in the Premier League, Tottenham should be full of confidence against AEL.
Further buoyed by the signing of Federico Fazio on Wednesday, Spurs’ options look bountiful against Limassol. Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches could feature for the first time this season after recovering from a back injury, right-back Kyle Naughton returns following suspension, however Kyle Walker is ruled out with a hip problem.
Elsewhere, Pochettino is expected to recall Andros Townsend after he was left out the squad for the QPR game, however Roberto Soldadois a concern with a neck strain that could see Emmanuel Adebayor return to the starting XI.
101GG Predicts: Tottenham 2 – AEL Limassol 0
Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Open a new account with William Hill, Bet £10 & Get £20 Free!!
Essential match facts to help with online betting:
Tottenham have faced Cypriot opposition once before in European competition, beating Anorthosis Famagusta 6-1 at White Hart Lane before drawing 1-1 away.
Tottenham have won 9 of their last 11 home matches in the Europa League. The other results were a draw to Basel and a 3-1 defeat to Benfica in the semi-final of last season’s competition.
AEL have made it through to the group stages of the Europa League only once before (2012-13).
- Tottenham star Harry Kane scores pinpoint free kick as he prepares for match v MLS All-...
- West Brom produce bizarre tweet dismissing any Tottenham bid for Saido Berahino
- Porto “very close” to completing loan deal for Tottenham’s Erik Lamel...
- Harry Kane & Wayne Rooney star in a new Premier League hype video, including Arsen...
- Schalke reject £8.5m bid from Tottenham for 19-year-old Leroy Sané [Kicker]
- Spurs set to sign Saido Berahino in next 48 hours [Sunday Express]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi