Lille’s friendly v Maccabi Haifa stopped after fans storm pitch with Palestinian flags
Sad scenes were witnessed during Lille’s pre-season friendly with Maccabi Haifa on Wednesday.
The match was interrupted in the 84th minute when a group of male fans stormed the pitch holding Palestinian flags waving in the air.
The footage showed a coming together between one Haifa player and one of the pitch invaders, and within seconds the trespassers were involved in a ruckus with the Israeli footballers.
It’s worth pointing out that Maccabi Haifa has a long history of having Muslim and Arab players in their side, with the likes of Taleb Tawatha, Mohammadou Idrissou, Weaam Amasha, Ataa Jaber, Mohammed Kalibat, Ismaeel Ryan all currently on the club’s books.
See the sad scenes above.
Maccabi Haifa's coach Aleksandar Stanojević punched a protester who attacked his players. "He was like Rocky" a friend who was there told me
— Ouriel Daskal (@Soccerissue) July 23, 2014
Punches and profanities exchanged with youngsters (apparently of Turkish origin), but all Haifa players leave pitch safely.
— Allon Sinai (@AllonSinai) July 23, 2014
Maccabi Haifa players were assaulted tonight by an anti-Israel mob during a "friendly" match against Lille. Sickening pic.twitter.com/jihd3hRg6U
— Jonathan (@jj34) July 23, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Lille v Marseille: Online Live Streaming video [HD]October 18th, 2015
- 27,000 Lille fans sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to keeper Vincent Enyeama during 1-0 win (Video)September 3rd, 2015
- Monaco v Lille: Watch a Live StreamAugust 13th, 2015
- Liverpool striker Divock Origi named in the Ligue 1 worst team of the season [L’Equipe]May 25th, 2015
- Ex-QPR man Yossi Benayoun says Joey Barton “will stay stupid all your life” for anti-...July 25th, 2014
- Lille’s friendly v Maccabi Haifa stopped after fans storm pitch with Palestinian flagsJuly 23rd, 2014
- Talib Tawatha, Maccabi Haifa, 21November 12th, 2013
- Shakhter Karagandy 2 – Maccabi Haifa 2October 3rd, 2013