- Newcastle’s Alan Pardew tipped to take over at Crystal Palace [Pictures]
- Man City centre-back Matija Nastasic is heading to join Roberto Di Matteo at Schalke [Bild]
- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
Lewandowski is considering getting bodyguards so no BVB fans hurt him or his family before he gets to Bayern
New Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski is fearing for his safety and for the safety of his family after agreeing to move to Bavaria from Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season.
Bild, the leading German news outlet, have reported on Wednesday that Lewandowski is considering hiring bodyguards for personal protection after he announced this week he will join Bayern on a Bosman when his contract expires in the summer.
Lewandowski’s adviser Maik Barthel has spoken to Bild to reveal: Yes, we are seriously thinking about it [getting bodyguards].
According to Bild, Lewandowski has received hate messages from Borussia Dortmund fans on Facebook, while in 2012 his house was broken into by unidentified gunmen.
All signs point to Lewandowski having a difficult last six months in Westphalia.
- Updated: January 8, 2014