Lewandowski is considering getting bodyguards so no BVB fans hurt him or his family before he gets to Bayern
- January 8, 2014
New Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski is fearing for his safety and for the safety of his family after agreeing to move to Bavaria from Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season.
Bild, the leading German news outlet, have reported on Wednesday that Lewandowski is considering hiring bodyguards for personal protection after he announced this week he will join Bayern on a Bosman when his contract expires in the summer.
Lewandowski’s adviser Maik Barthel has spoken to Bild to reveal: Yes, we are seriously thinking about it [getting bodyguards].
According to Bild, Lewandowski has received hate messages from Borussia Dortmund fans on Facebook, while in 2012 his house was broken into by unidentified gunmen.
All signs point to Lewandowski having a difficult last six months in Westphalia.
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Bayern Munich stars don lederhosen in annual Paulaner photo shoot for Oktoberfest (Video)
- Thomas Muller gave Arturo Vidal a head massage in Bayern Munich training (Video)
- Franck Ribery’s brother Steeven Ribery (19) nets incredible golazo for Bayern Mun...
- Bayern Munich hold talks with the representatives of Man City target Kevin De Bruyne [S...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...