Lewandowski is considering getting bodyguards so no BVB fans hurt him or his family before he gets to Bayern
New Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski is fearing for his safety and for the safety of his family after agreeing to move to Bavaria from Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season.
Bild, the leading German news outlet, have reported on Wednesday that Lewandowski is considering hiring bodyguards for personal protection after he announced this week he will join Bayern on a Bosman when his contract expires in the summer.
Lewandowski’s adviser Maik Barthel has spoken to Bild to reveal: Yes, we are seriously thinking about it [getting bodyguards].
According to Bild, Lewandowski has received hate messages from Borussia Dortmund fans on Facebook, while in 2012 his house was broken into by unidentified gunmen.
All signs point to Lewandowski having a difficult last six months in Westphalia.
- Sunday Specials! Silly odds for Everton-Liverpool & Arsenal-Man United, Bayern pri...
- Owen Hargreaves backs one of his former clubs to win the Champions League (Video)
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Bonkers: Robert Lewandowski scarily haunts a woman as she tries to take a selfie (Video)
- Watch Robert Lewandowski’s record-breaking five goals vs Wolfsburg (Official Video)
- Lewandowski’s agent rules out Manchester because of the rain, opens door to Spain...
- Bayern open their doors up to refugees, Thomas Muller chats about Robert Lewandowski...
- Robert Lewandowski asks Dante to consider retirement in funny talkSPORT spoof (Video)