Lewandowski is considering getting bodyguards so no BVB fans hurt him or his family before he gets to Bayern
- January 8, 2014
New Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski is fearing for his safety and for the safety of his family after agreeing to move to Bavaria from Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season.
Bild, the leading German news outlet, have reported on Wednesday that Lewandowski is considering hiring bodyguards for personal protection after he announced this week he will join Bayern on a Bosman when his contract expires in the summer.
Lewandowski’s adviser Maik Barthel has spoken to Bild to reveal: Yes, we are seriously thinking about it [getting bodyguards].
According to Bild, Lewandowski has received hate messages from Borussia Dortmund fans on Facebook, while in 2012 his house was broken into by unidentified gunmen.
All signs point to Lewandowski having a difficult last six months in Westphalia.
- Man United prepare €82m offer for Thomas Muller. Talks have begun [Sport 1]
- BBC duped by a fake report linking Bayern’s Thomas Muller & Arjen Robben to ...
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has destroyed Mario Gotze, says the player’s agent
- Bayern’s Mario Gotze throws first pitch at LA Dodgers-NY Mets game [Video]
- Bayern open talks with Man United’s Ed Woodward for the €50m purchase of Angel Di...
- Pep Guardiola: Bastian Schweinsteiger needs to decide on a Man United move [Quotes]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi