Lewandowski is considering getting bodyguards so no BVB fans hurt him or his family before he gets to Bayern
- January 8, 2014
New Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski is fearing for his safety and for the safety of his family after agreeing to move to Bavaria from Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season.
Bild, the leading German news outlet, have reported on Wednesday that Lewandowski is considering hiring bodyguards for personal protection after he announced this week he will join Bayern on a Bosman when his contract expires in the summer.
Lewandowski’s adviser Maik Barthel has spoken to Bild to reveal: Yes, we are seriously thinking about it [getting bodyguards].
According to Bild, Lewandowski has received hate messages from Borussia Dortmund fans on Facebook, while in 2012 his house was broken into by unidentified gunmen.
All signs point to Lewandowski having a difficult last six months in Westphalia.
- Thiago Alcantara receives and returns Xabi Alonso pass without letting it hit ground (V...
- Manuel Neuer plays keepy-uppy game with other Bayern Munich goalkeepers (Video)
- Bayern legend ‘pretty certain’ Pep Guardiola will leave in 2016, backs Jurg...
- Indecisive Pep Guardiola hints that he’ll leave Bayern Munich next year
- Douglas Costa nutmegged Arturo Vidal on the Chilean’s first day of Bayern Munich ...
- Bayern hope Thomas Muller will stay in Munich forever, as Man United target Gareth Bale...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi