Leverkusen struggling to sell Emre Can to LIverpool due to Bayern buy-back clause [Honigstein]
- May 19, 2014
Emre Can’s contract situation is one of those hornet’s nests of red tapes and small print.
The German-Turkish midfielder, sold by Bayern Munich to Bayer Leverkusen last summer, is on Liverpool’s radar, but the possibility of the Reds reaching a deal for Can has hit a snag due to a complex agreement with his former club, Bayern Munich.
In effect, as German football expert Raphael Honistein explains in the Tweets below, Bayern have a buy-back clause option on Emre Can, which could impede Liverpool from negotiating for him.
Bayern are yet to make a bid, and may not even be interested in recuperating the midfielder, though that could quickly change during the transfer window.
Read Honigstein’s tweets below for the lowdown on Emre Can’s situation.
- Red Bull Salzburg attacker David Atanga (18) scores cracking volley versus Leverkusen [...
- Man City offer Bayer Leverkusen €35m for winger Karim Bellarabi [Hamburger Morgenpost]
- Leverkusen’s Julian Brandt (19) glorious piece of skill for Germany U20s at World...
- Man United wont sell David De Gea this summer, as Real Madrid turn to Bernd Leno instea...
- Hakan Calhanoglu scores another stunning 35 yard free kick v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Thies Bliemeister, Son Heung-min’s agent, says Liverpool have scouted his client ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi