Leverkusen struggling to sell Emre Can to LIverpool due to Bayern buy-back clause [Honigstein]
Emre Can’s contract situation is one of those hornet’s nests of red tapes and small print.
The German-Turkish midfielder, sold by Bayern Munich to Bayer Leverkusen last summer, is on Liverpool’s radar, but the possibility of the Reds reaching a deal for Can has hit a snag due to a complex agreement with his former club, Bayern Munich.
In effect, as German football expert Raphael Honistein explains in the Tweets below, Bayern have a buy-back clause option on Emre Can, which could impede Liverpool from negotiating for him.
Bayern are yet to make a bid, and may not even be interested in recuperating the midfielder, though that could quickly change during the transfer window.
Read Honigstein’s tweets below for the lowdown on Emre Can’s situation.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich v Bayer Leverkusen: Watch a live stream of the Bundesliga matchNovember 25, 2016
- Most hated team in the Bundesliga has their bus pelted with paint by Leverkusen fans [Pictures]November 18, 2016
- Rio Ferdinand believes Javier Hernandez would thrive at Tottenham or ArsenalNovember 2, 2016
- Tottenham vs Bayer Leverkusen [Team Sheets]November 2, 2016
- Rafinha & Javi Martinez take on Bayern Munich Christmas sweater challenge (Video)November 30, 2016
- Thomas Muller sings Silent Night with supporter during Bayern fan club visit (Video)November 28, 2016
- Bayern president tells Bastian Schweinsteiger to bleed Man United dry [ESPN]November 28, 2016
- Arjen Robben’s dream XI includes Chelsea heroes, an ex Man United striker & lots of Bayern starsNovember 28, 2016
- Mario Balotelli’s Liverpool contract included a barely believable performance-related bonusDecember 4, 2016
- Darren Farley impersonates Jamie Carragher post-Bournemouth defeat (Video)December 4, 2016
- John Terry celebrates Nathan Ake winner, Jordon Ibe has mixed emotions over Bournemouth 4 – Liverpool 3December 4, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp and Jordon Ibe reignite their bromance during post match celebrationsDecember 4, 2016