Leverkusen struggling to sell Emre Can to LIverpool due to Bayern buy-back clause [Honigstein]
Emre Can’s contract situation is one of those hornet’s nests of red tapes and small print.
The German-Turkish midfielder, sold by Bayern Munich to Bayer Leverkusen last summer, is on Liverpool’s radar, but the possibility of the Reds reaching a deal for Can has hit a snag due to a complex agreement with his former club, Bayern Munich.
In effect, as German football expert Raphael Honistein explains in the Tweets below, Bayern have a buy-back clause option on Emre Can, which could impede Liverpool from negotiating for him.
Bayern are yet to make a bid, and may not even be interested in recuperating the midfielder, though that could quickly change during the transfer window.
Read Honigstein’s tweets below for the lowdown on Emre Can’s situation.
- Herrera speaks about United ‘dream come true’ and Calhanoglu gives free-kick mastercl...
- Bayer Leverkusen v Schalke: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- David De Gea says ‘the whole world knows’ his good friend Chicharito is a goalscorer ...
- Man United old boy Chicharito scores for his third straight Bayer Leverkusen game (Official Video)
- Pep Guardiola’s tactics at Bayern compared to Arsenal legend Herbert Chapman [Marca]
- Injured David Alaba celebrates Bayern’s 4-0 win over Olympiakos with a song (Video)
- Douglas Costa & Arjen Robben show off some amazing skills in Bayern’s warm up v Schalk...
- BT Sport produced an outrageous Bayern Munich statistic (Video)
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)