Leverkusen struggling to sell Emre Can to LIverpool due to Bayern buy-back clause [Honigstein]
Emre Can’s contract situation is one of those hornet’s nests of red tapes and small print.
The German-Turkish midfielder, sold by Bayern Munich to Bayer Leverkusen last summer, is on Liverpool’s radar, but the possibility of the Reds reaching a deal for Can has hit a snag due to a complex agreement with his former club, Bayern Munich.
In effect, as German football expert Raphael Honistein explains in the Tweets below, Bayern have a buy-back clause option on Emre Can, which could impede Liverpool from negotiating for him.
Bayern are yet to make a bid, and may not even be interested in recuperating the midfielder, though that could quickly change during the transfer window.
Read Honigstein’s tweets below for the lowdown on Emre Can’s situation.
Watch Live Stream
- Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez hints that he could leave Bayer Leverkusen this summer [Quotes]August 4, 2016
- Rumour: Arsenal turn to former Man United striker Chicharito [Tweets]June 22, 2016
- Cologne v Bayer Leverkusen: Online Live Streaming video [HD] 2016-04-10April 5, 2016
- Bayer Leverkusen left-back Wendell wants to be Marcelo’s apprentice at Real Madrid [Quotes]March 12, 2016
- Bayern publish top 5 goals from pre-season training ft. Lewandowski & Thiago beauties (Video)August 18, 2016
- Bad news for Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman (Video)August 17, 2016
- Manuel Neuer blasts Man United boss Jose Mourinho [Bild]August 14, 2016
- The Guardian think Arsenal could sign Bayern’s Robert LewandowskiAugust 11, 2016
- Sadio Mane on his man of the match performance for Liverpool v Burton Albion (Video)August 23, 2016
- Emre Can suffers terrible looking injury for Liverpool v Burton AlbionAugust 23, 2016
- Palermo fans display banner begging club to sign Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli [Picture]August 23, 2016
- Lucas Leiva slams Liverpool Echo journalist on Twitter over transfer speculationAugust 23, 2016