Leverkusen struggling to sell Emre Can to LIverpool due to Bayern buy-back clause [Honigstein]
- May 19, 2014
Emre Can’s contract situation is one of those hornet’s nests of red tapes and small print.
The German-Turkish midfielder, sold by Bayern Munich to Bayer Leverkusen last summer, is on Liverpool’s radar, but the possibility of the Reds reaching a deal for Can has hit a snag due to a complex agreement with his former club, Bayern Munich.
In effect, as German football expert Raphael Honistein explains in the Tweets below, Bayern have a buy-back clause option on Emre Can, which could impede Liverpool from negotiating for him.
Bayern are yet to make a bid, and may not even be interested in recuperating the midfielder, though that could quickly change during the transfer window.
Read Honigstein’s tweets below for the lowdown on Emre Can’s situation.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...