Levante’s Papakouli Diop racially abused by Atletico Madrid fans at FT of 2-0 win [Picture & Vine]
- May 4, 2014
At full time of Levante’s shock 2-0 win over Atletico Madrid, there was a bit of a brawl between numerous players.
Papakouli Diop initiated it by dancing, reportedly after being racially abused by the Atletico Madrid fans.
In the picture above, one Atletico Madrid fan (top left) can be seen imitating a monkey in a disgusting piece of racism.
AS brought it to our attention, after initially mistaking Diop’s dance as provoking the Atletico players.
It’s sad how soon after the Dani Alves incident this is. Spanish football authorities must come down hard on this fan.
Diop said he was racially abused – we were not aware of this when we posted the photo. Certainly the person top left seems to confirm this.
— AS English (@English_AS) May 4, 2014
- Atletico Madrid’s Luciano Vietto scores perfect Panenka v Sagan Tosu (Video)
- Not Ideal: Stefan Savic scores unfortunate own goal on Atletico Madrid debut (Video)
- Olimpico: Atletico midfielder Koke scores directly from corner kick versus Sagan Tosu (...
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi