- Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli has fastest top speed (35.53 km/h) in La Liga! [Video]
- Luka Modric nearly forgets his lines in Christmas message with Gareth Bale [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo has to hold himself from laughing at joker Coentrão during Christmas message [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers: ‘Mario Balotelli may have to get used to Liverpool bench’ [Guardian]
- ‘This is Fabregas Football’: Jose Mourinho post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
Levante’s Papakouli Diop racially abused by Atletico Madrid fans at FT of 2-0 win [Picture & Vine]
At full time of Levante’s shock 2-0 win over Atletico Madrid, there was a bit of a brawl between numerous players.
Papakouli Diop initiated it by dancing, reportedly after being racially abused by the Atletico Madrid fans.
In the picture above, one Atletico Madrid fan (top left) can be seen imitating a monkey in a disgusting piece of racism.
AS brought it to our attention, after initially mistaking Diop’s dance as provoking the Atletico players.
It’s sad how soon after the Dani Alves incident this is. Spanish football authorities must come down hard on this fan.
Diop said he was racially abused – we were not aware of this when we posted the photo. Certainly the person top left seems to confirm this.
— AS English (@English_AS) May 4, 2014
- Updated: May 4, 2014