Levante’s Juanfran Garcia scored a ridiculous own goal against Barcelona in the Copa Del Rey
- January 23, 2014
At 37-years-old Levante left-back Juanfran Garcia must have thought he’d seen the lot in football, but on Wednesday night in the Copa Del Rey the defender scored a calamitous own goal against Barcelona.
Levante gave up a 1-nil lead in the 53rd minute following a goal scoring opportunity for Cristain Tello.
On a magical night for the youngster in which he scored his first Barcelona hat-trick, Tello forced a save out of Levante keeper Javi Jiménez after breaking beyond the home backline in the inside left channel.
After the goalie repelled Tello’s the comedy unravelled as centre-half Loukas Vyntra lost his cool when the ball arrived at this feet, leading to the #6 smacking a clearance off of JuanFran and straight into the home net.
Barcelona went on to win the cup tie 4-1.
See how Levante’s Juanfran Garcia scored a ridiculous own goal against Barcelona below.
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Three Barcelona players made the Copa America Team of the Tournament [Graphic]
- La Liga legend David Villa scores two golazos in 2-1 NYC FC win v Montreal [Official Vi...
- Watch Leo Messi’s reactions throughout Argentina’s miserable shoot-out v Ch...
- The saddest selfie: Chile mascot bags picture with Leo Messi after Argentina defeat [vi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi