- James Milner as the False 9: Manchester City v Crystal Palace [Team Sheets]
- Jason Byrne & Jamie Carragher have epic 7-minute staring contest on Soccer AM [Video]
- Alexis Sanchez uploads childhood photo, sparks debate among Chileans that he’s a fan of La U
- Better Late Than Never! Barça’s Neymar wishes Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez a Happy Birthday
- Roberto Soldado: ‘I feel ashamed when Spurs fans sing my name’
L’Equipe: Spurs, Everton & Inter Milan chase Younes Belhanda
French newspaper L’Equipe reports this morning that Premier League sides Tottenham and Everton are leading the chase for Montpellier playmaker Younes Belhanda.
Tottenham were linked with Belhanda earlier in the transfer window but the Morocco midfielder was expected to join Fenerbahce who were favourites for his signature.
The Turkish side however have failed to stump up a big enough bid to Montpellier and Spurs and Everton are now favourites for his signature, according to L’Equipe.
Inter Milan are also linked with a move for Belhanda as a replacement for the departing Wesley Sneijder.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has plenty of options in midfield, especially with Lewis Holtby coming in the summer, but Belhanda would likely improve any team in the Premier League if his performances in Ligue 1 over the past few seasons are anything to go by.
Everton manager David Moyes is keen to strengthen his squad as they push for a Champions League spot and the Toffees have also been linked with Etienne Capoue who could replace Marouane Fellaini, who has been linked with a move away from Goodison Park.
Video evidence of Younes Belhanda, who is currently at the Africa Cup of Nations with Morocco, can be seen below.
- Updated: January 18, 2013