L’Equipe: Spurs, Everton & Inter Milan chase Younes Belhanda
- January 18, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe reports this morning that Premier League sides Tottenham and Everton are leading the chase for Montpellier playmaker Younes Belhanda.
Tottenham were linked with Belhanda earlier in the transfer window but the Morocco midfielder was expected to join Fenerbahce who were favourites for his signature.
The Turkish side however have failed to stump up a big enough bid to Montpellier and Spurs and Everton are now favourites for his signature, according to L’Equipe.
Inter Milan are also linked with a move for Belhanda as a replacement for the departing Wesley Sneijder.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has plenty of options in midfield, especially with Lewis Holtby coming in the summer, but Belhanda would likely improve any team in the Premier League if his performances in Ligue 1 over the past few seasons are anything to go by.
Everton manager David Moyes is keen to strengthen his squad as they push for a Champions League spot and the Toffees have also been linked with Etienne Capoue who could replace Marouane Fellaini, who has been linked with a move away from Goodison Park.
Video evidence of Younes Belhanda, who is currently at the Africa Cup of Nations with Morocco, can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...