- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
L’Equipe splash on Europe’s top clubs: Lewandowski (Bayern), Bale (Real) & Ashley Young (Man Utd)
The front page of French paper L’Equipe on Tuesday had a glossy and colourful splash.
L’Equipe’s main story was an investigation into the top teams in Europe ahead of the new 2014-15 season, and the three clubs singled out were Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Manchester United.
The French daily added pictures of players along with each of the clubs, and two out of the three of the images made perfect sense.
New signing Robert Lewandowski was chosen for Bayern, Gareth Bale was used for Real Madrid, however the surprise choice for Manchester United was Ashley Young.
In fairness, Young has been in fine form for Man United during their pre-season campaign in America, and there is every reason to believe the former Aston Villa man will be used by Louis van Gaal this season.
See the L’Equipe splash on Europe’s top clubs on Tuesday below.
- Updated: August 5, 2014