L’Equipe say PSG were beaten by Mourinho’s “tactical genius”, Chelsea’s Terry & Schurrle score 8/10 [Pictures]
- April 9, 2014
The morning after the night before, leading French daily L’Equipe appear to be promulgating the narrative that rather bashing PSG for bowing out of the Champions League, Chelsea are being praise for their magical comeback.
The front page splash of L’Equipe reads “WHAT A LESSON!” with the sub-headline explaining that PSG were “beaten by Jose Mourinho’s tactical genius”.
L’Equipe’s player ratings for the match at Stamford Bridge also offered an interesting insight into the French perspective of the game in west London.
Known for their harsh marking practices, L’Equipe gave impressive 8/10 scores to Chelsea duo John Terry and Andre Schurrle, while on the other end of the scale PSG striker Edinson Cavani got the worst grade of the evening with just 3/10.
See L’Equipe’s reaction to Chelsea 2- PSG 0 below (credit to @tomwfootball for posting images on Twitter).
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- Chelsea will bid £8m for Asmir Begovic, as Stoke struggle to sign Xherdan Shaqiri [Tele...
- Newcastle fight the Black Cats to sign Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on loan [Voetba...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi