L’Equipe say PSG were beaten by Mourinho’s “tactical genius”, Chelsea’s Terry & Schurrle score 8/10 [Pictures]
- April 9, 2014
The morning after the night before, leading French daily L’Equipe appear to be promulgating the narrative that rather bashing PSG for bowing out of the Champions League, Chelsea are being praise for their magical comeback.
The front page splash of L’Equipe reads “WHAT A LESSON!” with the sub-headline explaining that PSG were “beaten by Jose Mourinho’s tactical genius”.
L’Equipe’s player ratings for the match at Stamford Bridge also offered an interesting insight into the French perspective of the game in west London.
Known for their harsh marking practices, L’Equipe gave impressive 8/10 scores to Chelsea duo John Terry and Andre Schurrle, while on the other end of the scale PSG striker Edinson Cavani got the worst grade of the evening with just 3/10.
See L’Equipe’s reaction to Chelsea 2- PSG 0 below (credit to @tomwfootball for posting images on Twitter).
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...