- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
L’Equipe say PSG were beaten by Mourinho’s “tactical genius”, Chelsea’s Terry & Schurrle score 8/10 [Pictures]
The morning after the night before, leading French daily L’Equipe appear to be promulgating the narrative that rather bashing PSG for bowing out of the Champions League, Chelsea are being praise for their magical comeback.
The front page splash of L’Equipe reads “WHAT A LESSON!” with the sub-headline explaining that PSG were “beaten by Jose Mourinho’s tactical genius”.
L’Equipe’s player ratings for the match at Stamford Bridge also offered an interesting insight into the French perspective of the game in west London.
Known for their harsh marking practices, L’Equipe gave impressive 8/10 scores to Chelsea duo John Terry and Andre Schurrle, while on the other end of the scale PSG striker Edinson Cavani got the worst grade of the evening with just 3/10.
See L’Equipe’s reaction to Chelsea 2- PSG 0 below (credit to @tomwfootball for posting images on Twitter).
- Updated: April 9, 2014