L’Equipe: Newcastle yet to bid for Remy, considering offer for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- January 9, 2013
With so many French players at Newcastle, it is little wonder that transfer gossip for the Toon is easier to come by in L’Equipe than some of the English papers.
This morning, the French newspaper reports that Newcastle are continuing to scour France for a striker and are yet to make an offer for their believed first choice: Loic Remy.
L’Equipe add a new name to the mix: St Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who is on an excellent scoring run in Ligue 1.
It is thought Marseille are holding out for 10 million euros on Remy, whilst Aubameyang would fetch around 12 million euros if Newcastle are interested.
Another French paper in La Provence, expects Newcastle to bid for Remy in the coming hours.
Aubameyang has been in excellent touch in 2012/2013, scoring 8 goals in 18 appearances having claimed 10 in 17 last season.
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is presumably weighing up whether Remy or Aubameyang will be the better strike partner for Papiss Demba Cisse.
Footage of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in action is on the video below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]