L’Equipe name their dream team of 2013 (features 5 from Bayern & 2 Man City players)
There are plenty of teams of the year being bandied about and highly respected French newspaper L’Equipe are the latest to provide their thoughts.
The L’Equipe dream team was compiled off the back of 72,000 votes and features no less than five Bayern Munich players after their haul of five trophies in the calendar year.
Luis Suarez’s excellent recent form doesn’t warrant him a place in the side but Manchester City provide two players in Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure.
The Belgian defender is undoubtedly a class act (on and off the pitch) but has been struggling with injury in recent months.
Other surprises, compared to the other 2013 teams doing the rounds, include Jordi Alba and Thomas Muller, who have both been excellent individually, but not quite made the grade for many pundits.
Watch Live Stream
- Adidas upload full Bayern Never Follows advert and it’s awesomely trippy (Video)August 24, 2016
- Bayern publish top 5 goals from pre-season training ft. Lewandowski & Thiago beauties (Video)August 18, 2016
- Bad news for Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman (Video)August 17, 2016
- Manuel Neuer blasts Man United boss Jose Mourinho [Bild]August 14, 2016
- Man City v Steaua Bucharest: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 24, 2016
- Slaven Bilic confirms West Ham are chasing a Man City strikerAugust 24, 2016
- Eliaquim Mangala’s Man City departure should see Chelsea finally land a defender [Times]August 24, 2016
- Barcelona keeper Claudio Bravo pictured in Manchester ahead of Man City move [Photos]August 23, 2016