L’Equipe name their dream team of 2013 (features 5 from Bayern & 2 Man City players)
There are plenty of teams of the year being bandied about and highly respected French newspaper L’Equipe are the latest to provide their thoughts.
The L’Equipe dream team was compiled off the back of 72,000 votes and features no less than five Bayern Munich players after their haul of five trophies in the calendar year.
Luis Suarez’s excellent recent form doesn’t warrant him a place in the side but Manchester City provide two players in Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure.
The Belgian defender is undoubtedly a class act (on and off the pitch) but has been struggling with injury in recent months.
Other surprises, compared to the other 2013 teams doing the rounds, include Jordi Alba and Thomas Muller, who have both been excellent individually, but not quite made the grade for many pundits.
Watch Live Stream
- Rafinha & Javi Martinez take on Bayern Munich Christmas sweater challenge (Video)November 30, 2016
- Thomas Muller sings Silent Night with supporter during Bayern fan club visit (Video)November 28, 2016
- Bayern president tells Bastian Schweinsteiger to bleed Man United dry [ESPN]November 28, 2016
- Arjen Robben’s dream XI includes Chelsea heroes, an ex Man United striker & lots of Bayern starsNovember 28, 2016
- Sergio Aguero hit with a four game ban for horror tackle on David LuizDecember 5, 2016
- Chelsea & Man City charged by the FA. Cesc Fabregas gets away with itDecember 5, 2016
- Alexis Sanchez labelled the third best South American in the EPL after Liverpool & Man City starsDecember 5, 2016
- FPL managers rush to sell Sergio Aguero, Spurs & Chelsea men top replacementsDecember 4, 2016