L’Equipe name their dream team of 2013 (features 5 from Bayern & 2 Man City players)
- December 26, 2013
There are plenty of teams of the year being bandied about and highly respected French newspaper L’Equipe are the latest to provide their thoughts.
The L’Equipe dream team was compiled off the back of 72,000 votes and features no less than five Bayern Munich players after their haul of five trophies in the calendar year.
Luis Suarez’s excellent recent form doesn’t warrant him a place in the side but Manchester City provide two players in Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure.
The Belgian defender is undoubtedly a class act (on and off the pitch) but has been struggling with injury in recent months.
Other surprises, compared to the other 2013 teams doing the rounds, include Jordi Alba and Thomas Muller, who have both been excellent individually, but not quite made the grade for many pundits.
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Paris train hero Alek Skarlatos gets VIP treatment from Bayern Munich squad [Tweet]
- Bayern Munich stars don lederhosen in annual Paulaner photo shoot for Oktoberfest (Video)
- Thomas Muller gave Arturo Vidal a head massage in Bayern Munich training (Video)
- Franck Ribery’s brother Steeven Ribery (19) nets incredible golazo for Bayern Mun...
- Bayern Munich hold talks with the representatives of Man City target Kevin De Bruyne [S...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...