L’Equipe name their dream team of 2013 (features 5 from Bayern & 2 Man City players)
There are plenty of teams of the year being bandied about and highly respected French newspaper L’Equipe are the latest to provide their thoughts.
The L’Equipe dream team was compiled off the back of 72,000 votes and features no less than five Bayern Munich players after their haul of five trophies in the calendar year.
Luis Suarez’s excellent recent form doesn’t warrant him a place in the side but Manchester City provide two players in Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure.
The Belgian defender is undoubtedly a class act (on and off the pitch) but has been struggling with injury in recent months.
Other surprises, compared to the other 2013 teams doing the rounds, include Jordi Alba and Thomas Muller, who have both been excellent individually, but not quite made the grade for many pundits.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern boss Carlo Ancelotti explains why he doesn’t care that Xabi Alonso is slow (Video)October 21, 2016
- Jerome Boateng couldn’t eat for two days after Bayern’s Champions League final loss to ChelseaOctober 19, 2016
- Skills: Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery humiliated by a fan (Video)October 13, 2016
- Bayern Munich stars dominate 2016 Golden Boy votes [France Football]October 13, 2016
- Ilkay Gundogan gets a birthday cake from Man City fan, Yaya Toure won’t be happy [Tweet]October 24, 2016
- Guardiola locks Man City players in dressing room for 45 minutes after draw against SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Twitter mocks John Stones as Manchester City defender makes another big mistake v SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016