L’Equipe: Moussa Sissoko wants to join Newcastle, set for talks with QPR today
- January 21, 2013
Just like the Loic Remy transfer earlier on in the January 2013 window, Newcastle and QPR are battling over one of the hottest prospects in Ligue 1, according to L’Equipe this morning.
Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko looks set to leave Toulouse in the coming days with a host of clubs interested besides QPR and Newcastle, including Marseille and Monaco.
L’Equipe report that Sissoko is keen on a move to Newcastle where he can link up with a host of French players already in Alan Pardew’s squad.
Newcastle have begun negotiations with Toulouse over the transfer of Sissoko but the deal could be hijacked by QPR who will meet his representatives in London today.
QPR look set to be in the market for a defensive midfielder with suggestions this morning that Harry Redknapp’s side have lost out on Yann M’Vila to Rubin Kazan with the Russians paying 11.5 million euros.
Moussa Sissoko, 23, has established himself as one of the finest defensive midfielders in France’s Ligue 1 over the past five seasons.
Footage of Moussa Sissoko in action can be seen on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi