Marseille chase Arsenal’s Gervinho, Wenger doesn’t want the Ivorian to go [L’Equipe]
- May 30, 2013
The front page of French daily L’Equipe links Arsenal forward Gervinho with a move to Joey Barton’s Marseille.
L’Equipe report that Marseille are interested in the 26-year-old Ivorian striker, and the club are getting ready to open negotiations with the player’s agent to get the deal done.
There seems to be only one major obstacle to Gervinho’s departure from the Emirates, however: coach Arsene Wenger.
According to the article in L’Equipe, Arsen Wenger it reticent about allowing Gervinho to leave the Gunners. Reportedly the Professor is hell-bent on keeping the forward on the books at Arsenal, with Wenger even said to be baulking at the thought of Gervinho heading out on loan next season.
Gervinho has two years left on his Arsenal contract. He contributed just five league goals and three assist in 18 appearances for Arsenal last season in the Premier League.
Highlights of Gervinho during 2012-13 can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]