Marseille chase Arsenal’s Gervinho, Wenger doesn’t want the Ivorian to go [L’Equipe]
- May 30, 2013
The front page of French daily L’Equipe links Arsenal forward Gervinho with a move to Joey Barton’s Marseille.
L’Equipe report that Marseille are interested in the 26-year-old Ivorian striker, and the club are getting ready to open negotiations with the player’s agent to get the deal done.
There seems to be only one major obstacle to Gervinho’s departure from the Emirates, however: coach Arsene Wenger.
According to the article in L’Equipe, Arsen Wenger it reticent about allowing Gervinho to leave the Gunners. Reportedly the Professor is hell-bent on keeping the forward on the books at Arsenal, with Wenger even said to be baulking at the thought of Gervinho heading out on loan next season.
Gervinho has two years left on his Arsenal contract. He contributed just five league goals and three assist in 18 appearances for Arsenal last season in the Premier League.
Highlights of Gervinho during 2012-13 can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...