L’Equipe: Loic Remy wants to join Newcastle
- January 8, 2013
Newcastle look set to add another Frenchman to their ranks in the coming days, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.
They claim Spurs were seriously tracking Marseille striker Loic Remy a year ago but it is now a straight battle between QPR and Newcastle.
QPR are believed to have offered better terms but Remy is keen to join up with Newcastle to play with all the French players already at St James’ Park, including recent signing Mathieu Debuchy.
L’Equipe say Newcastle’s official offer for Remy will arrive in the next few days. If the sum comes near Marseille’s valuation, OM will sell.
Remy is now behind strikers André-Pierre Gignac and Jordan Ayew in the Marseille pecking order and the Ligue 1 side are keen on a permanent move rather than a loan deal.
Inter Milan recently attempted a loan deal for Remy which was rejected by Marseille.
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is keen to boost his striking options following the departure of Demba Ba to Chelsea last week.
Footage of Newcastle-bound Loic Remy is on the video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi