L’Equipe: Loic Remy wants to join Newcastle
- January 8, 2013
Newcastle look set to add another Frenchman to their ranks in the coming days, according to French newspaper L’Equipe.
They claim Spurs were seriously tracking Marseille striker Loic Remy a year ago but it is now a straight battle between QPR and Newcastle.
QPR are believed to have offered better terms but Remy is keen to join up with Newcastle to play with all the French players already at St James’ Park, including recent signing Mathieu Debuchy.
L’Equipe say Newcastle’s official offer for Remy will arrive in the next few days. If the sum comes near Marseille’s valuation, OM will sell.
Remy is now behind strikers André-Pierre Gignac and Jordan Ayew in the Marseille pecking order and the Ligue 1 side are keen on a permanent move rather than a loan deal.
Inter Milan recently attempted a loan deal for Remy which was rejected by Marseille.
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is keen to boost his striking options following the departure of Demba Ba to Chelsea last week.
Footage of Newcastle-bound Loic Remy is on the video below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...