- Big Sam ‘baffled & confused’ by Alex Song’s disallowed goal v Arsenal [Video]
- Steven Gerrard & Bergkamp make Sky’s Premier League XI over Roy Keane/Scholes & Shearer… [Tweets]
- Newcastle’s Jack Colback & Paul Dummett speak post-Everton win as Pardew dodges press [Video]
- Chicharito scores at Real Madrid training, after slick stepover skills from Isco [Video]
- Gooner Bully expects Arsenal to finish in the Top 3 after West Ham win [Video]
L’Equipe confirm Khedira “likely” to join Arsenal, ask if Wenger has changed transfer policy?
When it comes to Arsenal transfer news, French newspaper L’Equipe have always been ahead of the game during Arsene Wenger’s time in charge.
Today, L’Equipe have produced a special report, with graphs and charts, to prove how Arsene Wenger has undoubtedly changed transfer policy over the past year.
Wenger was undoubtedly constrained by the move from Highbury to the Emirates and now Arsenal are reaping the benefits.
L’Equipe prove that Arsenal look set to smash their previous record spend during the Wenger era, in 2000/2001.
Having already signed Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy the next few weeks will likely be record breaking for Wenger.
Arsenal fans will note with interest how L’Equipe suggest that the move for Sami Khedira is “likely” despite rumours in Portugal of a move for William Carvalho.
They also point out how Arsenal have spent more in the last four years than the previous nine campaigns – which is some statistic!
Finally, L’Equipe ask whether Wenger has changed his philosophy and simply point out that Arsenal’s income has increased and the Gunners boss simply has more cash available to invest in players.
- Updated: July 21, 2014