L’Equipe confirm Khedira “likely” to join Arsenal, ask if Wenger has changed transfer policy?
When it comes to Arsenal transfer news, French newspaper L’Equipe have always been ahead of the game during Arsene Wenger’s time in charge.
Today, L’Equipe have produced a special report, with graphs and charts, to prove how Arsene Wenger has undoubtedly changed transfer policy over the past year.
Wenger was undoubtedly constrained by the move from Highbury to the Emirates and now Arsenal are reaping the benefits.
L’Equipe prove that Arsenal look set to smash their previous record spend during the Wenger era, in 2000/2001.
Having already signed Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy the next few weeks will likely be record breaking for Wenger.
Arsenal fans will note with interest how L’Equipe suggest that the move for Sami Khedira is “likely” despite rumours in Portugal of a move for William Carvalho.
They also point out how Arsenal have spent more in the last four years than the previous nine campaigns – which is some statistic!
Finally, L’Equipe ask whether Wenger has changed his philosophy and simply point out that Arsenal’s income has increased and the Gunners boss simply has more cash available to invest in players.
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin celebrates a stellar year with YouTube compilation (video)
- What’s it like to be a blind Arsenal fan? (Video)
- Mistake? El Confidencial suggest Karim Benzema should have left Real Madrid to join Ars...
- Liverpool owners approach Jurgen Klopp & still expect to challenge for title this ...
- Arsene Wenger stated Arsenal’s title ambitions after beating Man United (Video)
- Arsene Wenger sad to see ‘quality’ Brendan Rodgers sacked by Liverpool (Video)
- Arsene Wenger: We surprised Manchester United with our pace (Video)
- Arsene Wenger snaps at reporter over Mourinho questions, threatens to leave presser (Vi...
- New Juventus players Sami Khedira and Simone Zaza visit the club’s training compl...
- Still got it: Miroslav Klose scores a glorious lob in Sami Khedira’s charity matc...
- Sami Khedira confirms that he’s leaving Real Madrid with Instagram post [Picture]
- Sami Khedira accuses Real Madrid of freezing him out this season