L’Equipe confirm Khedira “likely” to join Arsenal, ask if Wenger has changed transfer policy?
- July 21, 2014
When it comes to Arsenal transfer news, French newspaper L’Equipe have always been ahead of the game during Arsene Wenger’s time in charge.
Today, L’Equipe have produced a special report, with graphs and charts, to prove how Arsene Wenger has undoubtedly changed transfer policy over the past year.
Wenger was undoubtedly constrained by the move from Highbury to the Emirates and now Arsenal are reaping the benefits.
L’Equipe prove that Arsenal look set to smash their previous record spend during the Wenger era, in 2000/2001.
Having already signed Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy the next few weeks will likely be record breaking for Wenger.
Arsenal fans will note with interest how L’Equipe suggest that the move for Sami Khedira is “likely” despite rumours in Portugal of a move for William Carvalho.
They also point out how Arsenal have spent more in the last four years than the previous nine campaigns – which is some statistic!
Finally, L’Equipe ask whether Wenger has changed his philosophy and simply point out that Arsenal’s income has increased and the Gunners boss simply has more cash available to invest in players.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...