L’Equipe confirm Khedira “likely” to join Arsenal, ask if Wenger has changed transfer policy?
- July 21, 2014
When it comes to Arsenal transfer news, French newspaper L’Equipe have always been ahead of the game during Arsene Wenger’s time in charge.
Today, L’Equipe have produced a special report, with graphs and charts, to prove how Arsene Wenger has undoubtedly changed transfer policy over the past year.
Wenger was undoubtedly constrained by the move from Highbury to the Emirates and now Arsenal are reaping the benefits.
L’Equipe prove that Arsenal look set to smash their previous record spend during the Wenger era, in 2000/2001.
Having already signed Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy the next few weeks will likely be record breaking for Wenger.
Arsenal fans will note with interest how L’Equipe suggest that the move for Sami Khedira is “likely” despite rumours in Portugal of a move for William Carvalho.
They also point out how Arsenal have spent more in the last four years than the previous nine campaigns – which is some statistic!
Finally, L’Equipe ask whether Wenger has changed his philosophy and simply point out that Arsenal’s income has increased and the Gunners boss simply has more cash available to invest in players.
- William Carvalho isn’t joining Arsenal, as Sporting boss Jorge Jesus says midfiel...
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehman calls German midfielder Mesut Ozil mediocre [Sun]
- Arsenal legend Ian Wright trolled ex Spurs owner at Piers Morgan’s birthday party...
- Arsenal & Man United linked to Karim Benzema as Cristiano Ronaldo is set to play t...
- Watch awesome fan cam footage of how Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won the Copa Americ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi