L’Equipe confirm Khedira “likely” to join Arsenal, ask if Wenger has changed transfer policy?
- July 21, 2014
When it comes to Arsenal transfer news, French newspaper L’Equipe have always been ahead of the game during Arsene Wenger’s time in charge.
Today, L’Equipe have produced a special report, with graphs and charts, to prove how Arsene Wenger has undoubtedly changed transfer policy over the past year.
Wenger was undoubtedly constrained by the move from Highbury to the Emirates and now Arsenal are reaping the benefits.
L’Equipe prove that Arsenal look set to smash their previous record spend during the Wenger era, in 2000/2001.
Having already signed Alexis Sanchez and Mathieu Debuchy the next few weeks will likely be record breaking for Wenger.
Arsenal fans will note with interest how L’Equipe suggest that the move for Sami Khedira is “likely” despite rumours in Portugal of a move for William Carvalho.
They also point out how Arsenal have spent more in the last four years than the previous nine campaigns – which is some statistic!
Finally, L’Equipe ask whether Wenger has changed his philosophy and simply point out that Arsenal’s income has increased and the Gunners boss simply has more cash available to invest in players.
- Paul Merson rants about Arsenal’s lack of spending after Welbeck injury
- Gareth Bale & Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey celebrate Wales win over Cyprus on Inst...
- Arsenal’s Per Mertesacker picks lots of friends in Ultimate XI, including the lat...
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo produced a hilariously Yaya Sanogo finish in Ajax friendly (...
- ArsenalFanTV list 10 strikers Arsenal could’ve signed this summer (Video)
- Arsenal fans rage at Arsene Wenger after club confirm Danny Welbeck long term injury [T...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...