L’Equipe claim Spurs have opened talks with Younes Belhanda
- January 8, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe claims this morning that Tottenham have opened talks with Younes Belhanda, the Montpellier midfielder who had been close to joining Fenerbahce.
The 22-year-old midfielder fits the profile laid down by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy as a young up-and-coming player that could be sold for a huge price in a few years.
Belhanda has been hugely impressive in recent seasons, winning the Ligue 1 title with Montpellier last season and would undoubtedly improve almost every Premier League side, including Tottenham.
In 2011/2012, Belhanda scored 12 goals, so far this season the Moroccan playmaker has notched six times, including a Panenka style penalty against Spurs’ north London rivals Arsenal, in September.
It is thought Tottenham will have to pay around 15 million euros for Belhanda, Fenerbahce offered 8 million. He will though face stiff competition in Andre Villas-Boas’ midfield, especially if Lewis Holtby were to join in January, ahead of his publicised move in the summer.
Footage of Younes Belhanda in action can be seen below. His Panenka penalty against Arsenal is on the second video below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi