L’Equipe claim Spurs have opened talks with Younes Belhanda
- January 8, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe claims this morning that Tottenham have opened talks with Younes Belhanda, the Montpellier midfielder who had been close to joining Fenerbahce.
The 22-year-old midfielder fits the profile laid down by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy as a young up-and-coming player that could be sold for a huge price in a few years.
Belhanda has been hugely impressive in recent seasons, winning the Ligue 1 title with Montpellier last season and would undoubtedly improve almost every Premier League side, including Tottenham.
In 2011/2012, Belhanda scored 12 goals, so far this season the Moroccan playmaker has notched six times, including a Panenka style penalty against Spurs’ north London rivals Arsenal, in September.
It is thought Tottenham will have to pay around 15 million euros for Belhanda, Fenerbahce offered 8 million. He will though face stiff competition in Andre Villas-Boas’ midfield, especially if Lewis Holtby were to join in January, ahead of his publicised move in the summer.
Footage of Younes Belhanda in action can be seen below. His Panenka penalty against Arsenal is on the second video below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...