Legia Warsaw tweet letter to Celtic asking for showdown meeting to settle Champions League issue
- August 10, 2014
— Legia Warszawa (@LegiaWarszawa) August 10, 2014
Celtic were incredibly reinstated to the Champions League (qualification) last week, just 24 hours after being knocked out by Legia Warsaw 1-6 on aggregate.
UEFA booted the poor Poles out due to their breaching of the rules by using an ineligible player, who came on in the 86th minute of the second game, a ‘technical error’ according to Legia owner Dariusz Mioduski.
Due to the disproportionate punishment felt by the frustrated Poles, they’ve sent a letter to Celtic, pleading for common sense to prevail, and for the Scottish champions meet with them and see if they can come to a fair agreement.
Legia invoked Celtic’s history as a club of class, dignity and moral values in the letter, and asking them to practice those values that they preach.
Legia tweeted them, ‘Friends!’ Maybe now you can answer?’
As yet, no response from the Bhoys, who are presumably staying well away from social media for now.
‘Haven’t logged on in ages mate…’
- Virgil van Dijk’s first interview as a Southampton player after leaving Celtic (v...
- Southampton to sign Virgil van Dijk from Celtic for £11.5m [Sky Sports]
- Save of the season: Celtic keeper Craig Gordon makes unreal double save v St Johnstone ...
- Celtic legend Shunsuke Nakamura (37) scores trademark free kick beauty in Japan (Video)
- Watch Tyler Blackett meet his new Celtic fans after his loan move from Man United (Videos)
- Celtic legends John Hartson and Chris Sutton slam club after CL playoff exit (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...