Legia Warsaw tweet letter to Celtic asking for showdown meeting to settle Champions League issue
- August 10, 2014
— Legia Warszawa (@LegiaWarszawa) August 10, 2014
Celtic were incredibly reinstated to the Champions League (qualification) last week, just 24 hours after being knocked out by Legia Warsaw 1-6 on aggregate.
UEFA booted the poor Poles out due to their breaching of the rules by using an ineligible player, who came on in the 86th minute of the second game, a ‘technical error’ according to Legia owner Dariusz Mioduski.
Due to the disproportionate punishment felt by the frustrated Poles, they’ve sent a letter to Celtic, pleading for common sense to prevail, and for the Scottish champions meet with them and see if they can come to a fair agreement.
Legia invoked Celtic’s history as a club of class, dignity and moral values in the letter, and asking them to practice those values that they preach.
Legia tweeted them, ‘Friends!’ Maybe now you can answer?’
As yet, no response from the Bhoys, who are presumably staying well away from social media for now.
‘Haven’t logged on in ages mate…’
- FK Qarabag v Celtic
- Stjarnan 1 – Celtic 4: The Bhoys cruise to victory in the Champions League (Offic...
- Incredible Odds! Back Celtic to beat Starjnan in the Champions League at 4/1!!!
- Stjarnan v Celtic: Watch a Live Stream of the Champions League qualifier
- Jordan Larsson, son of Celtic legend Henrik, scores quality curler for Helsingborg v AI...
- Ex Celtic star Shunsuke Nakamura incredible 94th minute free kick golazo equaliser in J...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi