Legend! Cristiano Ronaldo’s letter to Miami state attorneys following pitch invader
- October 11, 2013
Football fans often assume Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo is a vain, self-centred person who only cares about himself.
However, the £80m star has shown what a great man he is by writing a letter to Miami state attorneys in order to pardon an individual.
In a pre season friendly a fan invaded the pitch and hugged Cristiano.
That fan is in trouble with the law due to his pitch invading and guess who is coming to his rescue… Ronaldo.
Marca have published the letter he wrote to the court.
“My name is Cristiano Ronaldo and I play for Real Madrid. I was playing in Sun Life Stadium when a fan entered the field. His name is Ronald Gjoka, a young college student. We hugged, and we spoke for a while, until security arrived to escort him off the field. He was not aggressive or violent in ANY way. What’s more, he did not put up any resistance when the security guards and police arrived.
As I understand it, he has admitted his mistake and understands the importance of security. He is a young man of twenty who grew up without a father and was raised by a single mother. He attends Palm Beach State Community College, Florida, with an international student grant.
I am concerned because I understand he may face problems with immigration and with his college if the criminal charges against him are not dropped. He was immediately taken to the Stadium’s security area and then spent a day and a half in jail. It seems he appeared before a judge on Monday accompanied by his attorney who asked for the charges to be dropped, but you chose to ignore his appeal.
I understand your position and the importance of enforcing rules and laws. However, I respectfully request that you and your office reconsider this decision and dismiss the two criminal charges this young man faces. I would hate to see him face criminal charges for his mistake. By all accounts he has a bright future ahead of him and I’d hate to see this future ruined by an error of judgement. Thank you. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at any time.
Sincerely, Cristiano Ronaldo”.
- The absolutely incredible story of new Sporting Lisbon signing Martunis
- A Spanish man accepted his wife in marriage by reproducing Cristiano Ronaldo’s fa...
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo signs a PR deal with Valencia’s billionaire...
- Cristiano Ronaldo denies he wants to leave Real Madrid, says he is at the best club in ...
- Brazilian presenter mixes up names, accidentally announces that Cristiano Ronaldo died ...
- Portuguese beach soccer legend Madjer scores awesome free-kick v Switzerland [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi