Legend: After 2008, ‘Man of the People’ Balotelli makes his 2nd visit to Salvador, ‘I’m one of them’
- June 22, 2013
Despite the Italy squad being under orders to lay low in their Salvador de Bahia hotel on the eve of their Confederations Cup match with Brazil, Mario Balotelli wasn’t to be kept cooped up indoors.
Fascinated with Bahia since his visit there in 2008 aged 17, Balotelli again felt himself compelled to go down and meet the people, a mostly black and mixed race part of Brazil, far from the bright lights of Rio or commerce of Sao Paulo.
He clearly feels a close connection with the people, as shown by his excitement in tweeting, ‘I look just like a person fro Bahia!’
Balo provoked scenes of great joy and excitement by simply going walkabout without a care in the world, stopping to take pictures with stunned Bahians.
For all the negative attention he often brings on himself, this was a wonderful act of generosity which most pampered modern footballers wouldn’t even consider doing in their free time.
Watch Mario ‘Man of the People’ Balotelli wandering around and meeting the people of Bahia on the clips below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...