Le Parisien: PSG choose Laurent Blanc, a move for Arsene Wenger deemed ‘unlikely’
- May 10, 2013
And so the managerial merry go round keeps spinning.
Whilst English football gets use to life after Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford, over in France speculation has been rife for weeks over who’ll be at the helm at PSG come the start of the 2013-14 season.
Carlo Ancelotti is expected by all and sundry to replace Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid, and until recently the French press had been pushing the rumour that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was the top candidate on the Parisians wish-list.
Now, however, it seems like PSG have headed in another direction.
Le Parisien splashed their Friday paper with news that “PSG choose Laurent Blanc”, as journalist Dominique Sévérac detailed that the former French international boss has already been indirectly contacted by PSG’s Qatari owners.
Whilst it’s noted that Monaco are also chasing Blanc to replace current boss Claudio Ranieri, the underlying assumption promulgated by Le Parisien is that Blanc wants to take the reigns at the Parc de Princes.
As for some of the other names linked to the PSG hotseat, both Mourinho and Wenger are now deemed “unrealistic” options for PSG, while interest in Rafael Benitez has reportedly “cooled”.
Le Parisien also stress that whilst PSG fans love foreign stars like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, a growing group of supporters are concerned about an “excessive internationalisation of PSG”. In that regard, the fact that Laurent Blanc is a Frenchman is another reason why he is the leading candidate for the PSG job.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...