Le Parisien big up interest from Manchester United & Chelsea to City’s Yaya Toure, PSG also in the mix
- July 8, 2014
Credit to @Sport_Witness for flagging up the out-there transfer story.
French publication Le Parisien printed an opinion article on their website on Tuesday chewing over the possible future options for Man City’s wantaway midfielder Yaya Toure.
Toure, who was initially implicated in wanting to leave the club in a birthday snub, is said to want out of the Etihad after the club took him to Abu Dhabi this summer to see the club’s owner, when his sick brother was in hospital. Ibrahima Toure has since passed away during the World Cup.
PSG are billed as the most likely destination for Yaya Toure once he forces his way out of Manchester, however Le Parisien then name two other clubs sniffing around the Ivorian.
They say that Manchester United and Chelsea, however the article offers no corroborating evidence, or even a morsel of proof to underpin that apparent interest from Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.
As for the PSG side of the story, Le Parisien anchor their leads in old quote Yaya gave to France Football back in May, when the City midfielder said he’d be honoured to play for the club.
Make of it as you wish!
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]