Lazy? Karim Benzema runs 10km per game, the 2nd highest distance at Real Madrid
- October 10, 2013
Going through his longest ever international drought, and not exactly turning up trees at his club, Karim Benzema is going through something of a crisis.
The Real Madrid striker’s situation with Les Bleus has become almost tragicomic, with Benzema’s drought stretching over to 1,217 hours of football, and showing no clear end in sight.
Many charge Benzema with laziness, arguing he doesn’t work hard enough when the going gets tough.
Benzema defended himself at Les Bleus’ camp today, insisting the drought is not down to lack of effort, claiming he runs…10 kilometres per match!
Looking at first like he may have been exagerrating slightly, MARCA corroborate his stats, confirming that he covers more ground than anyone at Real Madrid, bar one unnamed player (Di Maria?).
Watch Benzema defend himself with his 10km stat attack on the clip below (in French).
[gthumb id=”363433″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Unpunished: Venezuelan model Jeinny Lizarazo publishes DMs, claiming why Benzema to Ars...
- Karim Benzema destroys any talk of a move to Arsenal on Twitter [Best Tweets]
- Karim Benzema keen on move from Real Madrid to Arsenal, according to Sunday Star
- Arsenal fan Moh doesn’t think Karim Benzema is world class, same level as Wayne R...
- Karim Benzema is out of Real Madrid’s Spanish season opener v Sporting Gijon [AS]
- Karim Benzema is available for transfer, Arsene Wenger still undecided [@JanAageFjortoft]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...