Lazy? Karim Benzema runs 10km per game, the 2nd highest distance at Real Madrid
Going through his longest ever international drought, and not exactly turning up trees at his club, Karim Benzema is going through something of a crisis.
The Real Madrid striker’s situation with Les Bleus has become almost tragicomic, with Benzema’s drought stretching over to 1,217 hours of football, and showing no clear end in sight.
Many charge Benzema with laziness, arguing he doesn’t work hard enough when the going gets tough.
Benzema defended himself at Les Bleus’ camp today, insisting the drought is not down to lack of effort, claiming he runs…10 kilometres per match!
Looking at first like he may have been exagerrating slightly, MARCA corroborate his stats, confirming that he covers more ground than anyone at Real Madrid, bar one unnamed player (Di Maria?).
Watch Benzema defend himself with his 10km stat attack on the clip below (in French).
[gthumb id=”363433″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Mathieu Valbuena blackmailer attempts to exonerate ‘innocent’ Karim Benzema [Marca]August 1, 2016
- Real Madrid Security deal strongly with Karim Benzema Selfie-Hunter (Video)July 18, 2016
- Arsenal’s pursuit for Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema is revived [El Confidencial]June 30, 2016
- Eric Cantona doubles down on claims Didier Deschamps has ‘bowed to racists’ in his French selectionJune 2, 2016
- Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane leaves the door open for James Rodriguez exit (Video)August 27, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s brilliant response to Gerard Pique’s easy Champions League commentsAugust 26, 2016
- Humble Cristiano Ronaldo gives brilliant speech after winning UEFA Best Player award (Video)August 25, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016