Lazy? Karim Benzema runs 10km per game, the 2nd highest distance at Real Madrid
- October 10, 2013
Going through his longest ever international drought, and not exactly turning up trees at his club, Karim Benzema is going through something of a crisis.
The Real Madrid striker’s situation with Les Bleus has become almost tragicomic, with Benzema’s drought stretching over to 1,217 hours of football, and showing no clear end in sight.
Many charge Benzema with laziness, arguing he doesn’t work hard enough when the going gets tough.
Benzema defended himself at Les Bleus’ camp today, insisting the drought is not down to lack of effort, claiming he runs…10 kilometres per match!
Looking at first like he may have been exagerrating slightly, MARCA corroborate his stats, confirming that he covers more ground than anyone at Real Madrid, bar one unnamed player (Di Maria?).
Watch Benzema defend himself with his 10km stat attack on the clip below (in French).
[gthumb id=”363433″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...