- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Laurent Koscielny’s OK! Olivier Giroud posts Instagram picture of Arsenal team mate
After the 3-0 victory at Fenerbahce, one of the the big worries for Gooners surrounds depth in the centre of defence.
Laurent Koscielny took a rather nasty boot to the face from Pierre Webo and was forced off just after the half hour during Arsenal’s Champions League play-off first leg win.
Bacary Sagna was moved into the centre of defence in Turkey where he would have played at Fulham anyway due to Koscielny’s suspension after the French defender’s red card against Aston Villa.
Early reports on Sky Sports during the broadcast of the game, suggested Koscielny’s injury was quite severe, but Olivier Giroud has dispelled any doubts by uploading the picture below on Instagram.
Giroud also added the following byline: “Some news from Lolo… He’s ok no worries HE WILL BE BAAACK #french warrior #kung-fu #stitches.”
Below is Giroud’s Instagram picture. GIF of the Sow/Koscielny incident. And a couple of videos of Paul Merson’s thoughts on Arsene Wenger’s transfer policy.
[gthumb id="346356" size="large" autoplay="1"]
[gthumb id="346516" size="large" autoplay="1"]
[gthumb id="346518" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: August 22, 2013