Laurent Koscielny has now secured Champions League football for Arsenal 2 seasons in a row
- May 20, 2013
West Bromwich Albion 2 – Arsenal 3 (Premier League, May 13, 2012) Laurent Koscielny bags the winner for the Gunners in the 55th minute of the match at the Hawthorns.
Newcastle 0 – Arsenal 1 (Premier League, May 19, 2013) Laurent Koscielny bags the winner for the Gunners in the 52nd minute of the match at St James’ Park.
Gooners the world over are in love with Laurent Koscielny.
Spurs fans, well, they must be cursing the Frenchman at every opportunity.
Arsenal have pipped Tottenham to a Champions League spot in the final day of two successive seasons and the match winner on both occasions was the French defender who has emerged as a key player for Arsene Wenger’s side.
Both goals came early in the second half, with tension rising in enormous away games and they were also both from close range, with an acrobatic finish.
Last season Marton Fulop assisted Koscielny. At Newcastle it was Per Mertasacker.
Laurent Koscielny’s two Champions League securing goals can be seen on the videos below.
First the goal at West Brom, followed by yesterday’s winner at Newcastle.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi