Laurent Koscielny considering quitting Arsenal as PSG, Monaco & Bayern circle but Bacary Sagna may stay [Telegraph]
- April 17, 2014
Matt Law, who seems to have been employed by the Daily Telegraph from the Daily Mail in order to produce transfer gossip stories every morning, has delivered fresh news concerning Arsenal’s defenders on Thursday.
According to the broadsheet, the Gunners could be facing a major defender shortage this summer as Laurent Koscielny and Bacary Sagna could be heading for the Emirates exit door.
Koscielny is supposedly being chased by PSG, Monaco, Bayern Munich and Manchester United, whilest the rumour mill has long link Inter Milan to Sagna.
Arsenal must fight off interest from Paris St-Germain, Monaco and Bayern Munich to convince Laurent Koscielny to sign a new contract.
His form has alerted PSG, Monaco and Bayern Munich, with all clubs aware Koscielny is on relatively modest wages of around £50,000 a week at the Emirates Stadium. That is less than defensive partner Per Mertesacker, who signed a £90,000-a-week deal last month, and Thomas Vermaelen, who earns £70,000 a week.
Arsenal want to address Koscielny’s salary with the offer of a new contract and a wage rise to match Mertesacker on £90,000 a week, and remain hopeful that he will commit to the club.
PSG, Monaco and Bayern are all carefully watching the situation, and are prepared to offer Koscielny bigger deals than Arsenal. Sources in France also claim that Manchester United are interested in the 28-year-old.
Arsenal are also in contract negotiations with Koscielny’s team-mate Bacary Sagna and have not given up on convincing him to stay at the club.
Arsenal are prepared to bow to 31-year-old Sagna’s demands and offer him a new three-year contract with a significant wage rise, and hope that will be enough.
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...