LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena gets very, very emotional when asked to pay tribute to Landon Donovan [Video]
The news that Landon Donovan is set to retire at the end of this MLS season, which finishes in March, has left American soccer fans in a bit of shock.
At just 32 years of age, the decision came from leftfield, and has left a few people speechless.
Literally speechless, in the case of his manager Bruce Arena, who got a bit of a lump in his throat when asked to pay tribute to the player he’s managed for so long, both for club and country.
Arena managed to say ‘It’s kinda hard to answer that’, before letting out a squeal of raw emotion.
Great to see such emotion, but couldn’t they have just done another take?
Watch Live Stream
- Serie A giants hold talks with Steven Gerrard [Independent]November 18, 2016
- Robbie Keane leaves LA Galaxy – posts awesome statement on InstagramNovember 18, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard posts lengthy message on Instagram after LA Galaxy departureNovember 15, 2016
- Steven Gerrard confirms his LA stay is over. Seems set to return to Liverpool [Instagram]November 14, 2016
- Marcelo Bielsa needs big money & Landon Donovan to become the USA boss [ESPN]November 22, 2016
- LA Galaxy players chant for Landon Donovan to play for ‘One More Year’ [Video]December 12, 2014
- LA Galaxy tribute video for Landon Donovan [VIDEO]December 9, 2014
- La Galaxy’s Robbie Keane: ‘It’s been an honor to play with Landon Donovan’ [Video]December 5, 2014