- Tottenham v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Alexis Sanchez for player of the season so far?! [Graphic]
- Remember the name! Barcelona lad Marc Alegre scores a solo slalom stunner v PSG [Video]
- Alex Song confirms to L’Equipe that Cesc Fabregas wanted to return to Arsenal
- Santiago Canizares’ son Lucas conceded a shocker for Real Madrid kids after 20 seconds v Sevilla
Kroos & James Rodriguez added to Ronaldo + Bale: Real Madrid’s new Dream Team XI
Real Madrid XI 2014-15 Get your money on them now to win the Champions League :) pic.twitter.com/8xGvRrTgit
— 101 Great Goals (@102greatgoals) July 22, 2014
With World Cup winner Toni Kroos and World Cup sensation James Rodriguez added to the Real Madrid squad this summer, the European Champions starting XI has suddenly taken on a whole new dimension, and the Madrid media are getting justifiably giddy with excitement for next season.
Though it’s all speculation for now, Madrid’s starting XI is beginning to look like a remake of the Barcelona Dream Team of the 90s, or a Galacticos Lite, with strength, quality and stardust sprinkled throughout the team.
Maintaining the tried and trusted 4-2-3-1, Ancelotti’s best XI (on paper, that is) would most likely be as above: Keylor Navas, Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Carvajal; Kroos, Modric; Ronaldo, James, Bale; Benzema.
That XI on paper is a solid consolidation of last year’s, with Kroos and James adding significant improvements in lieu of Xabi Alonso and Di Maria respectively.
And with Varane expected to make the centre-half position his own this season, with Pepe the probable fall guy, it should make for a more elegant, less violent style of defending.
- Updated: July 22, 2014