Kolo Toure turns down Trabzonspor to stay at Liverpool: ‘Rodgers still counts on me’ [Sport Ivoire]
Bad news, Liverpool fans.
In an interview with Sport Ivoire, Kolo Toure has revealed that he’s turned down the offer from Turkish clup Trabzonspor in order to stay on at Liverpool, thanks to the ‘trust’ shown to him by Brendan Rodgers:
‘I am still at Liverpool. I had talks with the coach who clearly indicated that I was part of his plans. It is a privilege to be at Liverpool. I am very happy to wear the shirt of this legendary club.
“I feel good physically. At 33 years of age, I am ready for any challenge.
It is because I have been spared from serious injuries during my career. I continue to work hard in training to keep up the momentum, and it is why the coach wants to keep me at Liverpool.
It’s true, Trabzonspor are interested in me, but I’ve made clear my joy at being a Liverpool player, especially as the coach has reiterated his trust in me and what I can bring to the group.
He wants to keep me in order to be able to deal with all of the competitions Liverpool have to face this year.
It’s true, I’ve reflected on all the possibilities – it is always a possibility to join a lower league for more playing time, but I am a competitor and I decided to stay at Liverpool.
- Kolo Toure has tea with a young Liverpool fan, tells him why he’s afraid of dogs ...
- Kolo Toure explains why he couldn’t hold Koala bears on Liverpool’s tour of...
- £140-an-hour hooker linked to Man City’s Yaya Toure reveals romps with Liverpool&...
- Liverpool fans react to the news that Kolo Toure has received a new contract [Tweets]
- Ex-Liverpool man Djibril Cisse arrested over alleged sextape blackmail of Mathieu Valbu...
- Bizarre: A toilet in Moscow seems to be a massive Liverpool fan (Video)
- New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp looking to move into Brendan Rodgers’ apartment
- Barcelona legend Xavi reveals the 2 Premier League clubs he would have liked to play for