Kolo Toure turns down Trabzonspor to stay at Liverpool: ‘Rodgers still counts on me’ [Sport Ivoire]
- August 13, 2014
Bad news, Liverpool fans.
In an interview with Sport Ivoire, Kolo Toure has revealed that he’s turned down the offer from Turkish clup Trabzonspor in order to stay on at Liverpool, thanks to the ‘trust’ shown to him by Brendan Rodgers:
‘I am still at Liverpool. I had talks with the coach who clearly indicated that I was part of his plans. It is a privilege to be at Liverpool. I am very happy to wear the shirt of this legendary club.
“I feel good physically. At 33 years of age, I am ready for any challenge.
It is because I have been spared from serious injuries during my career. I continue to work hard in training to keep up the momentum, and it is why the coach wants to keep me at Liverpool.
It’s true, Trabzonspor are interested in me, but I’ve made clear my joy at being a Liverpool player, especially as the coach has reiterated his trust in me and what I can bring to the group.
He wants to keep me in order to be able to deal with all of the competitions Liverpool have to face this year.
It’s true, I’ve reflected on all the possibilities – it is always a possibility to join a lower league for more playing time, but I am a competitor and I decided to stay at Liverpool.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]