- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
- All the Lionel Messi Champions League records broken by hat-trick v APOEL
Kolo Toure turns down Trabzonspor to stay at Liverpool: ‘Rodgers still counts on me’ [Sport Ivoire]
Bad news, Liverpool fans.
In an interview with Sport Ivoire, Kolo Toure has revealed that he’s turned down the offer from Turkish clup Trabzonspor in order to stay on at Liverpool, thanks to the ‘trust’ shown to him by Brendan Rodgers:
‘I am still at Liverpool. I had talks with the coach who clearly indicated that I was part of his plans. It is a privilege to be at Liverpool. I am very happy to wear the shirt of this legendary club.
“I feel good physically. At 33 years of age, I am ready for any challenge.
It is because I have been spared from serious injuries during my career. I continue to work hard in training to keep up the momentum, and it is why the coach wants to keep me at Liverpool.
It’s true, Trabzonspor are interested in me, but I’ve made clear my joy at being a Liverpool player, especially as the coach has reiterated his trust in me and what I can bring to the group.
He wants to keep me in order to be able to deal with all of the competitions Liverpool have to face this year.
It’s true, I’ve reflected on all the possibilities – it is always a possibility to join a lower league for more playing time, but I am a competitor and I decided to stay at Liverpool.
- Updated: August 13, 2014