Kolo Toure turns down Trabzonspor to stay at Liverpool: ‘Rodgers still counts on me’ [Sport Ivoire]
Bad news, Liverpool fans.
In an interview with Sport Ivoire, Kolo Toure has revealed that he’s turned down the offer from Turkish clup Trabzonspor in order to stay on at Liverpool, thanks to the ‘trust’ shown to him by Brendan Rodgers:
‘I am still at Liverpool. I had talks with the coach who clearly indicated that I was part of his plans. It is a privilege to be at Liverpool. I am very happy to wear the shirt of this legendary club.
“I feel good physically. At 33 years of age, I am ready for any challenge.
It is because I have been spared from serious injuries during my career. I continue to work hard in training to keep up the momentum, and it is why the coach wants to keep me at Liverpool.
It’s true, Trabzonspor are interested in me, but I’ve made clear my joy at being a Liverpool player, especially as the coach has reiterated his trust in me and what I can bring to the group.
He wants to keep me in order to be able to deal with all of the competitions Liverpool have to face this year.
It’s true, I’ve reflected on all the possibilities – it is always a possibility to join a lower league for more playing time, but I am a competitor and I decided to stay at Liverpool.
Watch Live Stream
- Kolo Toure gives his all during Liverpool’s UEL Final defeat [Tweets]May 18th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Kolo Toure praises Denis Suarez for his ‘great ball’ for Villarreal...April 28th, 2016
- Two-footing Henry and Bergkamp: The story of Kolo Toure’s trial with Arsenal is brilliantMarch 19th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Kolo Toure answers most obvious question ever about brother Yaya (Video)February 27th, 2016
- Liverpool target Raphael Guerreiro savages Journo claiming Dortmund move is close [Tweet]May 27th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Marko Grujic reveals some bad news on SnapChatMay 26th, 2016
- Mixed reports on whether Liverpool have actually bid for Lorient’s Raphael GuerreiroMay 26th, 2016
- Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge urges Mario Gotze to leave amid Liverpool interestMay 26th, 2016