Klaas-Jan Huntelaar fluffed a panenka penalty against Hoffenheim, still scored a hat-trick for Schalke [Vine & Video]
Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar had an interesting Saturday for Schalke in the Bundesliga.
Huntelaar, who had missed much of the season through injury, hit the high notes in a 4-0 win over Hoffenheim with a hat-trick, however he also had a moment of shame when he fluffed a paneka penalty.
As the Dutchman looked to close out a first half hat-trick, Huntelaar was left with egg on his face when his chipped penalty was easily caught by Hoffenheim keeper Koen Casteels.
On the more positive side of things, Huntelaar gave Schalke a two goal cushion tapping in from close range in the 6th minute and rifling in from 18 yards in the 28th, while his closed out his trips in the 79th.
See Klaas-Jan Huntelaar’s missed panenka penalty below, together with match highlights of Schalke 4 – Hoffenheim 0.
- Throwback Thursday! Ten of the best Klaas-Jan Huntelaar goals at Ajax [Video]
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar named Player of the Week in Bundesliga [VIDEO]
- Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored his 101st great goal for Schalke with a hat-trick v Mainz [O...
- Holland’s front 4 v Latvia: Sneijder, Robben, Huntelaar & RVP [De Telegraaf]
- Hilarious: Dutch prankster successfully sneaks into Schalke training session (Video)
- Liverpool had €15m big rejected by Schalke for Leroy Sané; Still pursuing him [BILD]
- Julian Draxler gives his reason for leaving Schalke; Arsenal fans will be relieved they...
- Wolfsburg confirm signing of Julian Draxler from Schalke