Klaas-Jan Huntelaar fluffed a panenka penalty against Hoffenheim, still scored a hat-trick for Schalke [Vine & Video]
Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar had an interesting Saturday for Schalke in the Bundesliga.
Huntelaar, who had missed much of the season through injury, hit the high notes in a 4-0 win over Hoffenheim with a hat-trick, however he also had a moment of shame when he fluffed a paneka penalty.
As the Dutchman looked to close out a first half hat-trick, Huntelaar was left with egg on his face when his chipped penalty was easily caught by Hoffenheim keeper Koen Casteels.
On the more positive side of things, Huntelaar gave Schalke a two goal cushion tapping in from close range in the 6th minute and rifling in from 18 yards in the 28th, while his closed out his trips in the 79th.
See Klaas-Jan Huntelaar’s missed panenka penalty below, together with match highlights of Schalke 4 – Hoffenheim 0.
Watch Live Stream
- The Oranje General passes away. Dutch stars pay respects to Winfried WitjesJuly 25, 2016
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar’s brother was arrested for throwing stones at Borussia Dortmund fansApril 14, 2016
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar broke the nose of Dutch goalie Jasper Cillessen (Video)March 27, 2016
- Throwback Thursday! Ten of the best Klaas-Jan Huntelaar goals at Ajax [Video]January 8, 2015
- Bayern’s Rummenigge accuses Man City target Leroy Sane of being money driven (Video)July 21, 2016
- Man City set to land Leroy Sané after Schalke director confirms transfer requestJuly 19, 2016
- Bayern Munich may gazump Man City for Leroy Sane [Bild]July 18, 2016
- Man City have agreed the deal to sign Schalke’s Leroy Sane [Bild]July 14, 2016